Experienced trial lawyer Bobby Raitt will discuss important IME issues such as lack of ‘independence’ and bias that arise in No-Fault car accident injury litigation at the ICLE No-Fault Institute
This Thursday, Robert M. Raitt will be discussing the important issue of so-called “independent” medical evaluations – or IMEs – at the No-Fault Summit co-sponsored by ICLE and the Negligence Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan this Thursday, April 26, 2018.
In addition to his duties as a presenter, Bobby will also be moderating the “Trial Discovery Track” during the first day of this two-day “can’t miss” event for Michigan auto accident and No-Fault insurance attorneys.
Bobby’s presentation about “The Role of the Independent Medical Evaluation” will address the following general issues:
- Factors that go into an insurer’s decision to demand that a victim submit to an IME
- Approaches for getting ready for an IME
- Analyzing whether the IME doctor’s medical specialty is appropriate given the injuries of the auto accident victim to be evaluated
- Identifying when and how an IME can be used to bolster a victim’s claims of injuries and impairments
Based on his extensive experience as a plaintiff’s attorney who helps car, truck and motorcycle accident victims, Bobby will also share his insights about the persistent – and arguably systemic – lack of real “independence” of these exams that can be forced on car accident victims at the whim of auto insurers and the shameful bias of the insurance-company doctors chosen to conduct the insurers’ IMEs.
Here are a few things you should know about Bobby:
- He’s been a trial lawyer with Michigan Auto Law since 1992.
- He is a past President of the Michigan Association for Justice and he’s currently the Vice Chair of the Negligence Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Recently, Bobby, who is an AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, received the top brain injury verdict in Michigan, according to “Michigan Lawyers Weekly.”
- His honors include being named a Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2016 Leader in the Law; being listed in Best Lawyers of America; and being named among the Top 100 Lawyers in the state of Michigan by Super Lawyers.