Tim has successfully brought nearly 40 cases to trial, including multiple wrongful death and serious injury claims involving millions of dollars in damages. His intimate knowledge of Michigan No-Fault law and insurer policies and practices allows him to obtain full compensation for his clients, including penalty interest and attorney fees from insurance companies that wrongfully deny benefits and cause harm and delay for his clients.
Tim attended Lewis and Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon and clerked for Federal Judge Robert E. Jones (Author of noted treatise “Jones On Evidence”) on the 9th Circuit.
Before joining Michigan Auto Law, Tim was named Executive Partner of another state-wide firm (the youngest lawyer in the 100 year history of the law firm to hold that title), and he was a managing attorney of another. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences throughout Michigan, teaching lawyers about litigation trial strategies and the Michigan No-Fault laws.
Tim is the father of a teenage son whom he shares his love of music, kung-fu, and video games with. He lives and is actively involved in the Grand Rapids community. He brings passion and experience to work for the injured people of West Michigan.
Lewis and Clark Law School – J.D.
- Editor, International Legal Perspectives Law Journal
- Editor and Research Assistant to Art LaFrance, Healthcare Law and Human Rights
Western Michigan University – B.A.
Memberships and affiliations
State Bar of Michigan – Insurance & Indemnity Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Tim has been selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list multiple years since 2014.
- Speaker, “What Plaintiff Trial Lawyers Can Learn from My 10 Years Trying Cases on the Defense Side”; Michigan Association for Justice’s National Trial Techniques Seminar; Hosted from Lansing, MI; September 23, 2021
- “Costly Mistakes Plaintiff Lawyers Make at Trial”; Michigan Association for Justice’s Annual Trial Advocacy Seminar; Hosted from Lansing, MI; May 2021