Michigan No-Fault Lawyer: Schedule A Free Consultation Today
With the recent enactment of the new auto insurance law, it has never been more important for a car crash victim to have an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer as it is now. The challenges and legal obstacles are greater now for car accident victims than they ever have been before, and to protect you from these unprecedented coverage limitations and restrictions, you need an attorney with the experience, skill, resources and proven track record to protect you and your family.
Fortunately, this is exactly what you will get by hiring an experienced attorney at Michigan Auto Law.
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers know and understand these changes to Michigan’s auto insurance law. As insurance law experts, we have written and taught attorneys throughout the state on our auto insurance law, and, more importantly, we have helped to protect many injured car crash victims and their families from the harmful effects of these changes to our insurance law. This subject matter expertise and specialization is the reason why Michigan Auto Law receives more auto accident referrals from other Michigan attorneys than any other law firm in the state.
Let our Michigan No-Fault lawyers help you.
Our Michigan No-Fault Lawyers Specialize In Auto Accident Cases
There are real benefits to specialization. Our attorneys focus on helping people like you get the auto insurance benefits you are legally entitled to after you have been injured in a Michigan auto accident. We do not advertise for dozens of areas of law completely unrelated to auto insurance law. Our attorneys also have decades of experience representing car accident victims.
This experience and specialization is reflected in our Michigan No-Fault lawyers repeatedly receiving the top reported yearly Michigan settlements and trial verdicts for automobile crash victims over the last thirty years. In fact, our law firm has recovered more million dollar settlements and trial verdicts for car accident victims than any other Michigan law firm, including the largest ever settlements for a truck accident and auto accident of any Michigan attorney or law firm.
Decades Of Experience Winning No-Fault Insurance Cases
For 50 years our Michigan No-Fault lawyers have focused exclusively on protecting car crash victims and helping them get the auto insurance benefits they are legally entitled to. This experience translates into real world results for the people we represent. Our experience and success enables us to often settle first-party and third-party auto insurance cases considerably faster and for more money.
When auto insurers unreasonably deny auto insurance benefits in defiance of the car insurance law and cause real harm to people, our experience enables our attorneys to hold those insurers accountable.
Top Reported Settlements and Verdicts
The record-breaking settlements and trial verdicts that our Michigan No-Fault lawyers are able to win for our clients enables our attorneys to often settle cases like yours faster and for significantly more money.
Caring, Compassion, and Communication is What Our Michigan No-Fault Lawyers Are Known for
Helping clients with caring, compassion and open communication is what our Michigan No-Fault lawyers pride themselves on. Our clients regularly tell us how much of a difference we made as they begin to rebuild their lives.
Our reputation for the highest integrity and legal ethics is known throughout the legal profession, and, combined with a proven track record of success, is the reason why our law firm receives more auto accident and truck accident referrals from other Michigan attorneys, including many attorneys who also practice in the area of personal injury, than any other personal injury law firm in the state.
Respected by Attorneys and the Legal Profession
We are proud to be the most awarded personal injury law firm in Michigan. Our law firm has consistently been named by independent third parties and peer-review voting of other Michigan attorneys as being the best attorneys and top personal injury law firms both in Michigan and in the United States. We also have more attorneys ranked as “Super Lawyers” than any other Michigan personal injury law firm, including two attorneys ranked among the top 50 attorneys in the state based on peer-review voting of over 65,000 attorneys in Michigan and voted by their peers as Best Lawyers in Michigan and as a Lawyer of the Year by Michigan Lawyers Weekly newspaper.
But what truly matters to our Michigan No-Fault lawyers is what these honors and awards represent: It is the acknowledgement of all the hard work, dedication, caring, and communication on behalf of the people we help and are proud to represent.
We Are Proud Of How Hard We Work For Our Clients
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers are extremely proud of how hard they work to help our clients and their families get through what is likely one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful experiences in their lives.
We work incredibly hard to make sure our clients get all of the PIP insurance benefits they are entitled to under the law. We do not allow insurance companies to break their contractual promises. We hold insurers accountable to keep the promises they made when they collected premium dollars that they would pay the No-Fault medical, wage loss, replacement services, attendant care, and other PIP benefits that they promised to pay. We also pride ourselves on going the extra mile to make sure that we are “there” – and available – to always support our clients and listen to our clients whenever they need us.
Our Mission Is To Be The Best Michigan No-Fault Lawyers For You
Our mission is simple: We want to be the very best attorney for you.
That means we will do more than just working incredibly hard and marshaling all of our experience, trial skill, dedication and grit to get you the best possible settlement or trial verdict.
It also means treating you – and every person we help – with dignity, respect, compassion and caring.
Let us be your Michigan No-Fault lawyer. We are here to help.
Over 1,000 5-Star Reviews
I appreciated the hard work of Tom Baker & his assistant Tonya on my accident case. It was frustrating dealing with my auto insurance claims technician but they were empathic & patient. I had recommended a person during the course of my case & would definitely recommend Michigan Auto Law to any Michigan friends.
How Our Michigan No-Fault Lawyers Can Help You
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers specialize in helping people like you recover the auto insurance benefits you need to pay for your medical care and your lost wages after you have been injured in a car accident. Our attorneys help people all over the state.
We will make sure that you understand 100% of your legal rights under the auto law and we will devote ourselves to recover for you all of the benefits that you are legally entitled to.
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers are here to assist and help with all aspects of your case, including:
- Ensuring that you are receiving all of your insurance benefits to cover medical expenses, lost wages, transportation costs to see your doctors, and attendant care
- Investigating, identifying and verifying that the responsible auto insurance company is properly paying the insurance benefits you are owed
- Getting you the best possible settlement as quickly as possible, which may include compensation for your pain and suffering as well as excess medical expenses and excess lost wages when the auto insurance policy through which you are claiming benefits does not cover all of your medical bills and/or reimburse you adequately for the income you have lost because your injuries have disable you from working
Why Do I Need A Michigan No-Fault Lawyer?
Unlike a general practice personal injury attorney, an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer will have the skill and understanding of Michigan’s complex and complicated auto insurance laws to help you and make sure you get the best possible settlement in your case.
From the filing of the application for No-Fault benefits, to the submittals for attendant care services, medical transportation costs, replacements services reimbursements, to getting your medical bills paid for doctor’s visits, surgeries and rehabilitation, to protecting your rights and your case when insurance companies force you to be examined by hired-gun IME doctors who make vast amounts of money denying claims, an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer can provide essential protection for you and your family.
With an experienced attorney on your side, not only are you more likely to receive the medical care and treatment you need to heal and recover after your injury, but your case will also likely settle for more money and faster.
That is why it is so important to call and have a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys as soon as you or a family member are able.
Top Settlements and Verdicts
What you need in a Michigan No-Fault lawyer is an attorney who continues to break records for the top settlements for crashes in the state. That is what you will get with an attorney from our law firm.
The attorneys at Michigan Auto Law have recovered the top jury verdict in multiple counties for auto crash injury and truck crash injury cases. Here are just a few examples of our recent settlements:
- $34.5 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten secured the largest-reported car/truck settlement in the U.S. This is the largest ever car/truck injury settlement by an attorney in Michigan.
- $13.5 Million – Attorneys settled a case for a victim in a car/truck crash who suffered major burn injuries.
- $10.5 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten obtained this truck accident recovery for a woman who was seriously injured when a truck crashed into her vehicle.
- $9 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten obtained this recovery for a man who lost both of his legs in a rear-end car/truck collision. This was the largest Michigan pain and suffering only settlement in the state of the preceding decade.
- $7 Million – The parents of a young man who was killed by a speeding driver sued for his pain and suffering before he passed. This was the top reported settlement in the state that year. Notably, our attorneys were also able to recover an additional $4 million dollars in contribution over the insurance policy limits for the family.
- $6.2 million – Details about parties, injuries and insurers are confidential for this settlement.
- $5.65 Million – A jury awarded this amount to our client who had suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of being run over in a crash. This was the largest reported crash verdict in Macomb County and in the state for the year.
- $5.1 Million – This wrongful death settlement in a rear-end collision case was the largest reported wrongful death settlement in Washtenaw County and the largest reported motor vehicle wrongful death settlement in the state for an individual killed in a crash in 2018.
- $4.25 Million – After the defense offered only $100,000 to settle, an Oakland County jury returned a verdict in favor of a car accident victim who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury and depression in a head-on crash when a driver crossed the centerline.
- $3.6 Million – After rejecting the defendant trucking company’s $300,000 settlement offer, the arbitration panel returned an award of $3.6 million for three plaintiffs who suffered mild traumatic brain injury and back, shoulder, elbow and carpal tunnel surgeries after being injured in a truck accident.
- $3.5 Million – This jury verdict award in Jackson County for a truck accident victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury, depression and two fractured thoracic vertebrae was the top reported truck accident verdict in Michigan in 2010. The highest settlement offer from the defendant’s insurance company was $1 Million.
- $3.5 Million – This settlement for a crash victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury with cognitive impairment and facial fractures was the top-reported personal injury settlement in a wheel separation auto accident crash in Michigan in 2017.
- $2.5 Million – After a defense settlement offer of $250,000 was refused, a jury ruled in favor of this truck accident victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a rear-end collision. This was the largest reported Michigan auto verdict for the year.
- $2.1 Million – This Macomb County settlement for serious head injury, headaches and traumatic optic neuropathy suffered by the victim was the top reported car accident settlement in Michigan in 2009.
- $2.1 Million – A Washtenaw County jury returned this $2.1 million verdict for a crash victim who suffered a brain injury in a rear-end auto accident. Before trial, the insurance company’s highest settlement offered was $30,000.
- $2 Million – This jury verdict was returned for a crash victim who suffered a concussion, despite never losing consciousness and no visible damage to the victim’s vehicle. State Farm refused to make any settlement offers.
- $2 Million – The victim in this Detroit, Wayne County auto accident suffered a head injury that resulted in a binding $2 million arbitration award.
- $520,000 – Our attorneys successfully obtained the largest pain and suffering only verdict ever in Ottawa County in 2018 and the largest reported crash verdict on the west side of the state in 2018.
There is a reason why our law firm and our Michigan No-Fault lawyers receive more referrals from attorneys for car crashes than any other law firm in the state. With care and compassion, we continue to win cases for our clients and their families, often faster and for significantly more money than other law firms, over and over again.
Read more about the settlements our attorneys get for our clients: Settlements and Verdicts.
Resources from our Michigan No-Fault lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile crash, you probably have a list of questions for your Michigan No-Fault lawyer. Below our attorneys have provided helpful resources, followed by answers to the questions that they are most frequently asked.
Find out how Michigan’s auto insurance law works and how its benefits help car crash victims pay for medical expenses and lost wages
No-Fault insurance benefits will help pay for your crash-related medical expenses, reimburse you for lost wages, transportation costs to see your doctors, for attendant care services and other necessary care
There are many forms that an auto accident victim will need to know about and file in order to recover auto insurance benefits. Find out which ones apply to you
Generally, car crash victims will be able to file a vehicle damage claim (mini tort), a first-party No-Fault benefits claim and a third-party pain and suffering compensation claim
Many automobile crash victims want to learn Michigan’s auto law so they will have a better understanding of what is happening in their cases
There are many forms that an auto In 2019, the Michigan Legislature made enormous, unprecedented changes to the auto insurance law which affect insurance benefits coverage for all car crash victims
Our attorneys explain how medical Under Michigan’s Mini Tort law, you can recover up to $3,000 from the at-fault driver who damaged your vehicle in an automobile crash
Every Michigan driver is required under our state’s auto law to carry No-Fault auto insurance on his or her own vehicle to provide medical and wage loss benefits in the event of a car crash
Every Michigan driver is required Michigan law requires all Michigan drivers to carry liability insurance on their own vehicles, which helps at-fault drivers pay the pain and suffering compensation they owe to the victims they injured
It is important that automobile crash victims understand their rights and obligations if their auto insurers tries to avoid paying No-Fault benefits by requiring them to apply for SSD benefits
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers explain how medical treatment can dramatically impact both your physical recovery from your crash-related injuries and your legal recovery of compensation, insurance benefits and economic damages
Our Michigan No-Fault lawyers provide answers to the questions most frequently asked by people who have been injured in automobile crashes.
Michigan No-Fault Lawyer FAQs
Below our Michigan No-Fault lawyers answer the questions that are most frequently asked by car crash victims like you when you are considering whether – and whom – to hire as your attorney.
If an insurance company and claims adjuster is keeping their promises and promptly paying your auto No-Fault benefits, then you likely do not need an attorney. Sadly, that is rarely the case. When an insurance company refuses to pay needed insurance PIP benefits, that is when you need an experienced attorney.
A Michigan No-Fault lawyer can help to protect you from insurance company abuse and to ensure that you will receive all of the medical and wage loss benefits and attendant care that you are legally entitled to after you are injured in an automobile accident.
Auto insurance cases can often be complex and complicated and full of traps for lawyers who do not specialize in this area of law. Your case requires – and you deserve – the specialized expertise, skills and resources of an experienced attorney. He or she will not only protect you and guide the litigation of your case, but he or she will also help you understand how much your case is worth and how to maximize your settlement with the insurance companies to get you the fullest and fairest settlement of your case.
The importance of an attorneys experience and specialized expertise cannot be overstated. A Michigan No-Fault lawyer who has a proven record of going to trial and of securing top-reported verdicts and settlements for his or her clients can settle cases for significantly more money and often much faster. This is because insurance companies determine whether to settle cases like yours – and if so for how much – based on risk and exposure. It goes without saying that the risk and potential financial exposure for an insurance company is significantly higher when a crash victim like you is represented by an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer like one of the attorneys at our firm.
Many people imagine that hiring a Michigan No-Fault lawyer is expensive. Not so! At Michigan Auto Law, we will never ask you to pay any fees unless and until we win your case. You do not pay anything up front or out-of-pocket. Our attorneys are paid at the end of the case and only if a recovery is made for you first. We charge what is called a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if you get paid. In other words, we collect our fee only after we win your case first. And you always get our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.
Yes. In fact, the insurance industry’s own data shows that a person who is represented by an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer who is known for going to trial – which our attorneys are – will recover significantly more and do so faster than a person who is not represented by an experienced attorney. Also, at Michigan Auto Law, you do not pay unless we win. An attorney from our law firm will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and on rebuilding your life. We are always here to answer any questions about your case, the process, the law, the insurance company, the adjuster, your medical and wage loss benefits, the IME doctor or doctors that your auto insurance company may require to be examined by, settlements, releases and/or waivers presented to you by your insurance company or the insurer for the at-fault driver, the judge or anything else. We are here for you.
You have the right to change and even to fire your current attorney at any time and for any reason. If your attorney is not representing you in the way that you expect and is not returning your phone calls, then you can and should make a change. It is essential that you have trust in the Michigan No-Fault lawyer who is representing you. Our Michigan Auto Law Proven Attorney Transition Plan makes it easy and quick to get an experienced attorney from our firm who will be there and fight for you. You can have Michigan Auto Law represent you and immediately go to work with your new attorney to start working on putting your case back on track so that you can recover the compensation, auto insurance benefits and other economic damages that you are entitled to under the law.
Get Help From A Michigan No-Fault Lawyer Now
You can speak to an experienced Michigan No-Fault lawyer now by calling (800) 777-0028 or filling out our contact form for a free consultation. You can also get help from an experienced attorney by using the chat feature on our website. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. We are here for you – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more than 50 years, our attorneys have been helping people like you recover the insurance benefits to cover medical expenses and lost wages that they are legally entitled to after being injured in an automobile crash. We understand the physical, emotional and psychological hardships you are experiencing from your accident. We can help.
To see what our own clients have to say about the caring, compassion, and communication they received from us, you can read in their own words about their experience here on our testimonials page from victims we have helped. You can also read about our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.