Michigan Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
You need an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer to fight for you and protect you and your family if you have suffered a catastrophic injury in a car accident. These injuries are serious, debilitating and disabling. The impairments can last a lifetime. Many survivors are never able to work again.
An experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer is an attorney who specializes in cases involving devastating injuries caused by a car accident or other personal injury. Most personal injury attorneys do not have the specialized skill, resources and proven track record of obtaining record-setting settlements and trial verdicts for survivors of these types of injuries. Securing the right attorney will help ensure that you get the medical care you need, that your legal rights are protected and that you get the best possible settlement.
That is exactly what you will get with the attorneys at Michigan Auto Law.
We Specialize In Catastrophic Injury Cases
Our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers specialize in truly helping people who have suffered a devastating, life-altering injury in a car accident caused by an at-fault driver.
The proof is in our results for the people we help. Over the last 30 years, our attorneys have repeatedly received the largest reported yearly settlements and trial verdicts for seriously and catastrophically injured car accident victims and victims of serious personal injury in the state. This includes the top reported settlement or trial verdict in Michigan over multiple years, a record of results that Attorney at Law Magazine describes as “eclipsing every other law firm in Michigan.”
Our attorneys are recognized as national experts who speak and lecture on cases involving these types of injuries throughout the country.
Decades Of Experience Winning Catastrophic Injury Cases
Our law firm is unique in that our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers have 50 years of experience protecting people like you who have suffered devastating, life-altering injuries in a car accident. This experience shows in the real world results we achieve for the people we represent, whether it is helping them receive the attendant care and medical treatment they desperately need, or recovering record-breaking settlements and trial verdicts for our clients who have suffered devastating, life-altering injuries in an automobile crash.
Top Reported Catastrophic Injury Settlements and Verdicts in Michigan
Our success in recovering record-breaking settlements and trial verdicts for our clients who have suffered this type of injury after a car accident means that our attorneys can often settle cases like yours faster and for significantly more money.
Lawyers Known For Caring, Compassion, Communication
Our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers pride themselves on helping their clients with caring, compassion and open communication. Because of our reputation for the highest integrity and ethics within the legal profession, we receive more auto accident and truck accident referrals from other Michigan attorneys (including many attorneys who also practice in the area of personal injury) than any other personal injury law firm in the state.
We Pride Ourselves On Working Hard For Our Clients
We are extremely proud of how hard our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers work to help our clients and their families get through what is likely one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful experiences in their lives. We are committed to helping clients make the best medical and legal recovery possible.
Respected by Attorneys and the Legal Profession
We take great pride in being the most awarded personal injury law firm in Michigan. But what matters most to our attorneys is what these honors and awards represent. They reflect the hard work, dedication, and caring that our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers devote to securing the best possible result in each and every client’s case.
Our law firm has consistently been named by independent third parties and peer-review voting of other Michigan attorneys as being the best attorneys and top personal injury law firms, both in Michigan and in the United States.
Michigan Auto Law also has more attorneys ranked as “Super Lawyers” than any other Michigan personal injury law firm, including two attorneys ranked among the top 50 lawyers in the state based on peer-review voting of over 65,000 attorneys in Michigan.
Our Mission Is To Be The Best Attorneys For You
Our mission is simple: We want to be the very best attorneys in Michigan for you. That means more than just working incredibly hard and marshaling all of our experience, trial skill, dedication and grit to get you the best possible settlement or trial verdict. It also means treating you – and every person we help – with dignity, respect, compassion and caring.
Let us be your Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer. We are here to help.
How Our Michigan Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers specialize in helping people like you who have suffered a serious life-altering injury in a car accident or truck or motorcycle crash. We help people from all over the state and our proven results are better than any other personal injury attorney or law firm in Michigan.
We make sure that our clients and their families understand 100% of their legal rights after suffering a personal injury after an automobile crash. Our attorneys are here to assist and help with all aspects of your case, including:
- Ensuring that you are receiving all of the No-Fault insurance benefits for medical expenses and lost wages that you are entitled to from your auto insurance company
- Making sure that the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association is fulfilling its responsibility to pay your No-Fault medical benefits (in the event you are covered by an auto insurance policy with unlimited medical coverage)
- Investigating and verifying all of the insurance and coverage that may be involved in your case
- Getting you the best possible settlement as quickly as possible, which may include compensation for your pain and suffering, excess medical expenses, excess lost wages and other economic damages
Why Do I Need A Michigan Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
If you suffered this type of life-altering injury in an automobile crash, then you need an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer because he or she – unlike a general practice personal injury attorney – is the best qualified to help you, protect you and get the best possible settlement in your case.
These types of cases such as yours are not like other cases, which is why you need to have an attorney with the specialized skill and experience necessary to properly represent you and properly litigate your case.
An experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer will understand how devastating and life-altering this type of injury can be for a car crash victim and his or her family. Most importantly, an experienced attorney will know what to do to help.
Unlike other cases, these types of cases resulting from an automobile crash will involve the need for long-term medical treatment and care and wage loss reimbursement as well as other vital No-Fault benefits. This means you will need an attorney who knows how to help you get your medical bills paid and get you reimbursed for your lost wages in the present but who also knows how to secure your “excess” medical and wage loss benefits into the future.
Fighting for you to get the attendant care services you need on a long-term basis – and to ensure that No-Fault provides the coverage necessary to pay your providers – is more important now than ever with the coverage limitations imposed by the new No-Fault law on attendant care provided by victims’ families in the victims’ home.
An experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer will also be able to protect your legal rights with regard to long-term concerns such as household replacement services, transportation costs (i.e., expenses associated with traveling to and from medical appointments) and home- and vehicle-modifications.
It is essential that you have the expertise of an experienced attorney on your side after you have suffered a serious, life-altering injury after a car accident because with what is at stake for you and your family this is no time for on-the-job learning by an inexperienced, general practice personal injury attorney.
With an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer on your side, not only are you more likely to receive the medical care and treatment you need to heal and recover after your injury, but your case will also likely settle for more money and faster.
That is why it is so important to call and have a free consultation with an experienced attorney as soon as you or a family member are able.
Top Settlements and Verdicts
What you need in a Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer is an attorney who continues to break records for the top settlements for crashes in the state. That is what you will get with an attorney from our law firm.
We have recovered the top jury verdict in multiple counties for auto crash injury and truck crash injury cases. Here are just a few examples of recent settlements by our attorneys:
- $34.5 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten secured the largest-reported car/truck settlement in the U.S. This is the largest ever car/truck injury settlement by an attorney in Michigan.
- $13.5 Million – Attorneys settled a case for a victim in a car/truck crash who suffered major burn injuries.
- $10.5 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten obtained this truck accident recovery for a woman who was seriously injured when a truck crashed into her vehicle.
- $9 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten obtained this recovery for a man who lost both of his legs in a rear-end car/truck collision. This was the largest Michigan pain and suffering only settlement in the state of the preceding decade.
- $7 Million – The parents of a young man who was killed by a speeding driver sued for his pain and suffering before he passed. This was the top reported settlement in the state that year. Notably, our attorneys were also able to recover an additional $4 million dollars in contribution over the insurance policy limits for the family.
- $6.2 million – Details about parties, injuries and insurers are confidential for this settlement.
- $5.65 Million – A jury awarded this amount to our client who had suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of being run over in a crash. This was the largest reported crash verdict in Macomb County and in the state for the year.
- $5.1 Million – This wrongful death settlement in a rear-end collision case was the largest reported wrongful death settlement in Washtenaw County and the largest reported motor vehicle wrongful death settlement in the state for an individual killed in a crash in 2018.
- $4.25 Million – After the defense offered only $100,000 to settle, an Oakland County jury returned a verdict in favor of a car accident victim who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury and depression in a head-on crash when a driver crossed the centerline.
- $3.6 Million – After rejecting the defendant trucking company’s $300,000 settlement offer, the arbitration panel returned an award of $3.6 million for three plaintiffs who suffered mild traumatic brain injury and back, shoulder, elbow and carpal tunnel surgeries after being injured in a truck accident.
- $3.5 Million – This jury verdict award in Jackson County for a truck accident victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury, depression and two fractured thoracic vertebrae was the top reported truck accident verdict in Michigan in 2010. The highest settlement offer from the defendant’s insurance company was $1 Million.
- $3.5 Million – This settlement for a crash victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury with cognitive impairment and facial fractures was the top-reported personal injury settlement in a wheel separation auto accident crash in Michigan in 2017.
- $2.5 Million – After a defense settlement offer of $250,000 was refused, a jury ruled in favor of this truck accident victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a rear-end collision. This was the largest reported Michigan auto verdict for the year.
- $2.1 Million – This Macomb County settlement for serious head injury, headaches and traumatic optic neuropathy suffered by the victim was the top reported car accident settlement in Michigan in 2009.
- $2.1 Million – A Washtenaw County jury returned this $2.1 million verdict for a crash victim who suffered a brain injury in a rear-end auto accident. Before trial, the insurance company’s highest settlement offered was $30,000.
- $2 Million – This jury verdict was returned for a crash victim who suffered a concussion, despite never losing consciousness and no visible damage to the victim’s vehicle. State Farm refused to make any settlement offers.
- $2 Million – The victim in this Detroit, Wayne County auto accident suffered a head injury that resulted in a binding $2 million arbitration award.
- $520,000 – Our attorneys successfully obtained the largest pain and suffering only verdict ever in Ottawa County in 2018 and the largest reported crash verdict on the west side of the state in 2018.
There is a reason why our law firm and our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers receive more referrals from attorneys for car, truck and motorcycle crashes than any other law firm in the state. With care and compassion, we continue to win cases for our clients and their families, over and over again.
Read more about the settlements our attorneys get for our clients: Michigan Settlements and Verdicts.
Resources from our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers
If you suffered a serious life-altering injury in an automobile crash, you probably have a list of questions for your Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer. Below our attorneys have provided helpful resources, followed by answers to the questions that they are most frequently asked.
Find out what types of catastrophic injuries are most commonly caused by car, truck and motorcycle crashes
Learn about the role that the MCCA plays in providing No-Fault medical benefits to catastrophically injured crash victims
If you have suffered a serious, life altering injury as a result of an automobile crash, you are entitled to No-Fault PIP benefits which will pay for medical expenses, lost wages and medical mileage and transportation costs
Find out about your legal rights to attendant care benefits – which doctors commonly prescribe on a 24/7 basis for catastrophically injured victims of car, truck and motorcycle crashes
Our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers explain how medical treatment can dramatically impact both your physical recovery from your crash-related injuries and your legal recovery of compensation, No-Fault benefits and economic damages
Our attorneys have created these checklists to help car crash victims know what to do at the crash scene and what steps they should take to protect their legal rights
Our attorneys answer the most frequently asked questions from people who have been injured in car accidents
Michigan Catastrophic Injury Lawyer FAQs
Below, our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers answer the questions that are most frequently asked by survivors like you who have suffered devastating, life-altering injuries in an automobile crash.
If you have suffered a devastating, life-altering injury in an automobile crash, then you need to have an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer on your side. Unlike a general-practice personal injury attorney, an experienced attorney will have the specialized experience, skill, resources and proven results to fight for you to recover the compensation, benefits and damages you are entitled to under the law. An experienced attorney will also help you understand how much your case is worth and he or she will know how to maximize your settlement by negotiating with the insurance companies to get the full value of your case.
Make sure that the attorney you hire to help you and your family has a proven record of going to trial and of securing top-reported verdicts and settlements. Our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers with that kind of experience and reputation are able to settle cases for significantly more money and often much faster. This is because insurance companies determine whether to settle cases like yours – and if so for how much – based on risk and exposure. Cases where crash victims are represented by an experienced attorney who has a track record of proven results – including top reported settlements and verdicts – present increased risk and the exposure for the insurance company that insures the negligent, at-fault driver who caused your injuries.
Many people imagine that hiring a Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer is expensive. Not so at Michigan Auto Law! We will never ask you to pay any fees unless and until we win your case. You do not pay anything up front or out-of-pocket. Our attorneys are paid at the end of the case and only if a recovery is made for you first. This is called a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if you get paid – which means we win your case first. And you always get our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.
Yes. It is worth getting a Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer after you have suffered a devastating injury in a car accident. The insurance industry’s own data shows that a person who is represented by an experienced attorney recovers significantly more than a person who is not. In fact, attorneys who are known for going to trial – which our attorneys are known for – can settle cases for significantly more money and often much faster. Also, at Michigan Auto Law, you do not pay unless we win. An attorney from our law firm will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on your medical recovery, your family’s welfare, and on rebuilding your life. We are always here to answer any questions about your case, the process, the law, the insurance company, the adjuster, your No-Fault medical and wage loss benefits, the IME doctor or doctors that your auto insurance company may require to be examined by, settlements, releases and/or waivers presented to you by your insurance company or the insurer for the at-fault driver, the judge or anything else. We are here for you.
You can change your Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer at any time and for any reason. It is essential that you trust and have faith in the attorney who is representing you. If your attorney is not representing you in a way that works for you and your family, then you can and should make a change. Our Proven Attorney Transition Plan makes it easy and quick to get an experienced attorney from our firm who will be there and fight for you. It starts with a free consultation with an attorney from our law firm. Next, you sign up to have Michigan Auto Law represent you. Then, that same day, we order your file from your previous attorney and we immediately get to work putting your case back on track so that you recover the compensation, benefits and damages that you are entitled to under the law.
Every case is different and unique to each survivor so it is difficult to say with certainty how long it will take our Michigan catastrophic injury lawyers to settle your case after you suffered a devastating injury in a car accident. However, there are several factors that will come into play: (1) your diagnosis; (2) your prognosis and current and future medical needs; (3) whether you are disabled from working; (4) whether your injuries have resulted in an impairment that affects your ability to lead your normal life; (5) whether your injuries will necessitate “excess” coverage for medical bills and lost wages; (6) the experience, track record and reputation of your attorney (because attorneys known for going to trial can settle cases for money and often much faster); (7) the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company and liability policy limits; and (8) the adjuster and defense attorney for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Get Help From A Michigan Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Now
You can speak to an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury lawyer now by calling (800) 777-0028 or filling out our contact form for a free consultation. You can also get help from an experienced Michigan attorney by using the chat feature on our website. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. We are here for you – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more than 50 years, our attorneys have been helping people like you who have suffered a serious injury in an automobile crash. We understand the physical, emotional and psychological hardships you are experiencing from your accident. We can help.
Our law firm consistently wins record-breaking verdicts and settlements in the state on behalf of crash victims like you. Even more important than our record settlements in the state is how our attorneys treat the people we help. To see what our own clients have to say about the caring, compassion, and communication they received from us, you can read in their own words about their experience here on our testimonials page from victims we have helped. You can also read about our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.