Your Michigan No-Fault insurance benefits
Our lawyers explain a first-party lawsuit and what insurance benefits you’re entitled to after a car accident
We’ve provided some information on each No-Fault insurance benefit below, so you can understand everything you may be entitled to while you’re recovering:
– Coverage of your medical bills.
– Reimbursement for the miles traveled to medical appointments.
– Money to replace what you’re not earning while you’re missing work.
– Help with household chores, services and child care.
– In-home nursing care.
– Making your home accessible in case of disabling injury.
– Making your vehicle accessible in case of a disabling injury.
For help from an insurance lawyer now, call (800) 777-0028. You can also fill out our free consultation form.
There’s no fee or obligation.
Michigan No-Fault lawyers can help obtain your benefits
There are some important steps you must take in securing your insurance benefits. Our insurance lawyers can walk you through the process, and make sure you receive all of your No-Fault insurance benefits.
Here are a couple of essential tips:
- File your application for No-Fault insurance benefits immediately. You must immediately file a No-Fault application for benefits with the applicable insurance company. This application MUST be filed within ONE YEAR from the date of the accident, or you will forever lose any benefits to which you might be entitled. Please read about the importance of injury documentation and beware of masked injuries, as you will be asked to describe your injuries on your application for benefits.
- Reimbursable expenses must be paid by your insurance company within one year. You must also keep in mind that if there are any items of reimbursable expense that aren’t paid by your insurance company — such as a medical bill or replacement services — you must file a lawsuit for those items within one year from the date that expense was incurred. If such a lawsuit is not filed within that one-year time period, you will lose all rights to reimbursement.
If you have problems filling out your application, don’t hesitate to call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028.
We’re always here to answer your questions, and we will go to bat for you when your insurance company is mistreating you. Take a look at our client testimonials and our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.