Michigan Brain Injury Lawyer: Call Now For A Free Consultation
When you have suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash, you will need a Michigan brain injury lawyer who has the experience, skill, resources and a proven track record of obtaining record-setting settlements and trial verdicts for victims of traumatic closed head injuries to fight for and protect you and your family.
That is exactly what you will get with the experienced Michigan brain injury lawyers at Michigan Auto Law.
Our Michigan Brain Injury Lawyers Are Specialized
Our Michigan brain injury lawyers specialize in helping people like you who have suffered a closed head in an automobile crash caused by an at-fault driver. We have decades of experience representing accident victims who have suffered a closed head injury, and our attorneys have repeatedly received the largest reported yearly Michigan settlements and trial verdicts for car accident victims with a closed head injury over the last thirty years.
Attorney Steven Gursten is also the past-President of the American Association for Justice’s Traumatic Brain Injury Group. Steven Gursten teaches and lectures to attorneys across the country at seminars and legal programs on how to successfully litigate closed head injury cases.
Steve has received the highest recorded jury verdicts and settlements for Michigan closed head injury cases, according to Michigan Lawyers Weekly, including a $5.65 million trial verdict on a $500,000 settlement offer, a $4.2 million trial verdict on a $100,000 settlement offer and a $2.5 million settlement on a $250,000. In addition, our attorneys have also received 6 separate jury verdicts of a million dollars or more on insurance company settlement offers of only $0-$30,000.
Decades Of Experience Winning Closed Head Injury Cases
Our law firm is unique in that we have 50 years of experience protecting people with closed head injuries. This experience translates into real world results for the people we represent, whether it is helping them receive the attendant care and medical treatment they desperately need, or recovering record-breaking car, truck and motorcycle crash closed head injury settlements and trial verdicts for our clients.
We are proud to be the only law firm in Michigan that is recognized and endorsed by the national Brain Injury Association of America. We are also the only law firm in Michigan that has been invited to speak at the world renowned North American Brain Injury Society, where our attorneys have spoken on both the medical and legal tracks to some of the world’s most respected closed head injury professionals. We are also endorsed by and sit on the board of the Sarah Jane Project, which is dedicated to children with pediatric closed head injuries.
Top Reported Closed Head Injury Settlements and Verdicts in Michigan
Our success in recovering record-breaking settlements and trial verdicts for our clients with TBI means that our attorneys can often settle cases like yours faster and for significantly more money.
Known For Our Caring, Compassion, Communication
Our Michigan brain injury lawyers pride themselves on their commitment to helping clients with caring, compassion and open communication. Our reputation for the highest integrity and ethics within the legal profession means that we receive more auto accident and truck accident referrals from other Michigan attorneys, including many attorneys who also practice in the area of personal injury, than any other personal injury law firm in the state.
Respected by Attorneys and the Legal Profession
We are proud to be the most awarded personal injury law firm in Michigan. The legal honors and awards are nice, of course, but what truly matters to our attorneys is what these honors and awards represent. Respect, as they say, is earned, and our legal honors and awards are earned through all the hard work, dedication, caring, and results our attorneys achieve on behalf of the people we help and represent.
Our law firm has consistently been named by independent third parties and peer-review voting of other Michigan attorneys as being the best attorneys and top personal injury law firms both in Michigan and in the United States. We also have more attorneys ranked as “Super Lawyers” than any other Michigan personal injury law firm, including two attorneys ranked among the top 50 attorneys in the state based on peer-review voting of over 65,000 attorneys in Michigan.
We Pride Ourselves On Working Hard For Our Clients
We are extremely proud of how hard our brain injury lawyers work to help our clients and their families get through what is likely one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful experiences in their lives.
We appreciate the recognition, legal honors, and awards that Michigan Auto Law’s attorney receive, but more important than the recognition is the hard work, caring and compassion that these honors reflect, and the caring that our attorneys put into helping each one of our clients to make the best medical and legal recovery possible after they were hurt in a crash.
Our Mission Is To Be The Best Michigan Brain Injury Lawyers For You
Our mission is simple: We want to be the very best attorney for you. That means more than just working incredibly hard and marshaling all of our experience, trial skill, dedication and grit to get you the best possible settlement or trial verdict. It also means treating you – and every person we help – with dignity, respect, compassion and caring.
Let us be your Michigan brain injury lawyer. We are here to help.
Over 1,700 5-Star Reviews
My experience with Michigan Auto Law has been nothing short of exceptional. Since the initial day of consulting about my case until now, Michigan Auto has been by my side every step of the way. From telephonic responses to answering emails, Jeff and Elize, Amy, Kevin and Alex are always there to assist and make me feel a part of the team. I highly recommend Michigan Auto Law as the quintessential auto accident law firm to handle all of your auto accident related needs. Arguably the best, nah, these guys and gals are irrefutably the best, period!!!
How Our Michigan Brain Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Our Michigan brain injury lawyers specialize in helping people like you who have suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash. We help people from all over the state and our proven results are better than any other personal injury attorney or law firm in Michigan.
We make sure that our clients and their families understand 100% of their legal rights after suffering a closed head injury in an automobile crash. Our Michigan brain injury lawyers are here to assist and help with all aspects of your case, including:
- Ensuring that you are receiving all of the No-Fault insurance benefits for medical expenses and lost wages that you are entitled to
- Investigating and verifying all of the insurance and coverage that may be involved in your case
- Getting you the best possible settlement as quickly as possible, which may include compensation for your pain and suffering, excess medical expenses, excess lost wages and other economic damages
Why Do I Need A Michigan Brain Injury Lawyer?
In Michigan, if you suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash, then you need an experienced and specialized brain injury lawyer because they – unlike a general practice personal injury attorney – is the best qualified to help you, protect you and get the best possible settlement in your case.
Closed head injury cases such as yours are not like other cases, which is why you need to have the right attorney with the specialized skill and experience necessary to properly represent you and properly litigate your case.
An experienced Michigan brain injury lawyer will understand the medicine of closed head injuries and will know how to first identify your closed head injury symptoms. This is important because – as peer-reviewed journal articles have shown – a closed head injury is missed in hospital emergency rooms between 56-85% of the time.
An experienced attorney will know that a so-called “normal” MRI or CT scan does not disprove your case because many if not most closed head injuries involve diffuse axonal injury which is not detectable on an MRI or CT scan.
An experienced Michigan brain injury lawyer from our law firm will know to disregard an insurance company doctor’s IME finding that a crash victim has suffered only a “mild” closed head injury – understanding that “mild” is just a medical classification and that calling a closed head injury “mild” does not necessarily have any bearing on the victim’s long-term disability and/or how serious the victim’s impairments may be.
Finally, with an experienced attorney from our law firm on your side, not only are you more likely to receive the medical care and treatment you need to heal and recover after your injury, but your case will also likely settle for more money and faster.
That is why it is so important to call and have a free consultation with an experienced Michigan brain injury lawyer as soon as you or a family member are able.
Top Closed Head Injury Settlements and Verdicts
What you need in a Michigan brain injury lawyer is an attorney who continues to break records for the top settlements for crashes in the state. That is what you will get with an attorney from our law firm.
We have recovered the top jury verdict in multiple counties for an auto crash injury and truck crash injury cases. Here are just a few examples of our recent settlements:
- $34.5 Million – Our team secured the largest-reported tractor-trailer crash settlement in the U.S. for that year. It is the largest truck settlement by an attorney in the state.
- $14.3 Million – Our attorneys won this truck accident verdict in Clinton County in a case involving a traumatic brain injury, extensive economic damages and loss of consortium. The defense’s final pre-trial settlement offer was $25,000. This was the largest-reported motor vehicle trial verdict in Michigan for that year.
- $13.5 Million – Our attorneys settled a case for a victim in a car vs. tractor trailer crash who suffered major burn injuries.
- $10.5 Million – We obtained this truck accident recovery for a woman who was seriously injured when a truck crashed into her vehicle.
- $9 Million – Our truck accident lawyers obtained this recovery for a man who lost both of his legs in a rear-end collision. This was the largest pain and suffering trucking settlement of the preceding decade for a rear-end crash in the state.
- $7 Million – The parents of a young man who was killed by a speeding driver sued for his pain and suffering before he passed. This was the top reported settlement in the state that year. Notably, our attorneys were also able to recover an additional $4 million dollars in contribution over the insurance policy limits for the family.
- $6.2 million – Details about parties, injuries and insurers are confidential for this settlement.
- $5.65 Million – A jury awarded this amount to our client who had suffered a TBI as a result of being run over in a crash. This was the largest reported crash verdict in Macomb County and in the state for the year.
- $5.1 Million – This wrongful death settlement in a rear-end collision case was the largest reported wrongful death settlement in Washtenaw County and the largest reported motor vehicle wrongful death settlement in the state for an individual killed in a crash in 2018.
- $4.25 Million – After the defense offered only $100,000 to settle, an Oakland County jury returned a verdict in favor of a car accident victim who suffered a mild TBI and depression in a head-on crash when a driver crossed the centerline.
- $3.6 Million – After rejecting the defendant trucking company’s $300,000 settlement offer, the arbitration panel returned an award of $3.6 million for three plaintiffs who suffered mild TBI and back, shoulder, elbow and carpal tunnel surgeries after being injured in a truck accident.
- $3.5 Million – This jury verdict award in Jackson County for a truck accident victim who suffered a TBI, depression and two fractured thoracic vertebrae was the top reported truck accident verdict in Michigan in 2010. The highest settlement offer from the defendant’s insurance company was $1 Million.
- $3.5 Million – This settlement for a crash victim who suffered a TBI with cognitive impairment and facial fractures was the top-reported personal injury settlement in a wheel separation auto accident crash in Michigan in 2017.
- $2.5 Million – After a defense settlement offer of $250,000 was refused, a jury ruled in favor of this truck accident victim who suffered a TBI in a rear-end collision. This was the largest reported Michigan auto verdict for the year.
- $2.1 Million – This Macomb County settlement for serious head injury, headaches and traumatic optic neuropathy suffered by the victim was the top reported car accident settlement in Michigan in 2009.
- $2.1 Million – A Washtenaw County jury returned this $2.1 million verdict for a crash victim who suffered a closed head injury in a rear-end auto accident. Before trial, the insurance company’s highest settlement offered was $30,000.
- $2 Million – This jury verdict was returned for a crash victim who suffered a concussion, despite never losing consciousness and no visible damage to the victim’s vehicle. State Farm refused to make any settlement offers.
- $2 Million – The victim in this Detroit, Wayne County auto accident suffered a head injury that resulted in a binding $2 million arbitration award.
- $2 million confidential truck accident settlement
- $2 million confidential truck accident settlement
- $2 million truck accident settlement
- $1.75 million confidential motor vehicle collision settlement
- $1.65 million confidential auto accident settlement
- $1.25 million car accident settlement
- $1.25 million wrongful death car accident settlement
- $1.1 million car accident settlement
- $520,000 – Our attorneys successfully obtained the largest pain and suffering only verdict ever in Ottawa County in 2018 and the largest reported crash verdict on the west side of the state in 2018.
There is a reason why our law firm and our Michigan brain injury lawyers receive more referrals from attorneys for car, truck and motorcycle crashes than any other law firm in the state. With care and compassion, we continue to win cases for our clients and their families, over and over again.
Read more about the settlements our attorneys get for our clients: Michigan Settlements and Verdicts.
Resources from our Michigan brain injury lawyers
If you suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash, you probably have a list of questions for your Michigan brain injury lawyer. Below our attorneys have provided helpful resources, followed by answers to the questions that they are most frequently asked.
Find out how to choose the right attorney and how to protect your legal rights after suffering a closed head injury in an automobile crash
Our Michigan brain injury lawyers provide information on the causes, symptoms and treatment for TBI after an auto accident – as well as how to protect your rights to compensation and benefits
The law requires drivers to pass bicyclists at a “safe distance.” Find out A bicyclist’s closed head injury from being injured in a bicycle-auto accident can be serious and debilitating, despite an insurance company’s claim that it is only a “mild” closed head injury
If you have suffered a closed head injury as a result of an automobile crash, you are entitled to No-Fault PIP benefits which will pay for medical expenses, lost wages and medical mileage and transportation costs
Our attorneys explain how medical treatment can dramatically impact both your physical recovery from your crash-related injuries and your legal recovery of compensation, No-Fault benefits and economic damages
Our attorneys have created these checklists to help car crash victims know what to do at the crash scene and what steps they should take to protect their legal rights
Our attorneys answer the most frequently asked questions from people who have been injured in car accidents
Michigan Brain Injury Lawyer FAQs
What else do you need to know if you are considering hiring a Michigan brain injury lawyer? Below our attorneys answer the questions that are most frequently asked by closed head injury survivors like you.
In Michigan, you need an experienced brain injury lawyer if you have suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash. They will have the specialized experience, skill, resources and proven results to fight for you to recover the compensation, benefits and damages you are entitled to under the law. An experienced attorney will also help you understand how much your case is worth and he or she will know how to maximize your settlement by negotiating with the insurance companies to get the full value of your case.
An who has a proven record of going to trial and of securing top-reported verdicts and settlements can settle cases for significantly more money and often much faster. This is because insurance companies determine whether to settle cases like yours – and if so for how much – based on risk and exposure. Cases where crash victims are represented by an experienced Michigan brain injury lawyer who has a track record of proven results – including top reported settlements and verdicts – means significantly increased risk and the exposure to the insurance company that insures the negligent, at-fault driver who caused a victim’s injuries.
In Michigan, a brain injury lawyer doesn’t cost you anything unless they win your case. A one-third (1/3) contingency fee is the fee arrangement that most auto accident attorneys will charge in Michigan. An attorney cannot charge a contingency fee in excess of 1/3 or 33%.
At Michigan Auto Law, we will never ask you to pay any attorney fees unless and until we win your case. You do not pay anything up front or out-of-pocket. Our attorneys are paid at the end of the case and only if a recovery is made for you first.
On top of that, you and each and every one of our clients will get our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.
Yes, it is worth it to get a brain injury lawyer in Michigan for your case, but don’t take our word for it. The insurance industry’s own data shows that a person who is represented by an experienced attorney recovers significantly more than a person who is not. In fact, attorneys who are known for going to trial – which our attorneys are known for – can settle cases for significantly more money and often much faster. Also, at Michigan Auto Law, you do not pay unless we win.
An experienced attorney from our law firm will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and on rebuilding your life. We are always here to answer any questions about your case, the process, the law, the insurance company, the adjuster, your No-Fault medical and wage loss benefits, the IME doctor or doctors that your auto insurance company may require to be examined by, settlements, releases and/or waivers presented to you by your insurance company or the insurer for the at-fault driver, the judge or anything else. We are here for you.
In Michigan, you can change your brain injury lawyer at any time and for any reason. If your attorney is not representing you in the way you expect, then you can and should make a change. It is essential that you trust and have faith in the attorney who is representing you. Our Proven Attorney Transition Plan makes it easy and quick to get an experienced attorney from our firm who will be there and fight for you. It starts with a free consultation with an experienced attorney from our law firm. Next, you sign up to have Michigan Auto Law represent you. Then, that same day, we order your file from your previous attorney and we immediately get to work putting your case back on track so that you recover the compensation, benefits and damages that you are entitled to under the law.
This is a difficult question to answer because every case is different and unique to each survivor. However, there are several factors that will affect how long it may take a Michigan brain injury lawyer to obtain a settlement in your case. These factors include: (1) your diagnosis; (2) your prognosis and current and future medical needs; (3) whether you are disabled from working; (4) whether your injuries have resulted in an impairment that affects your ability to lead your normal life; (5) whether your injuries will necessitate “excess” coverage for medical bills and lost wages; (6) the experience, track record and reputation of your attorney (because attorneys known for going to trial can settle cases for money and often much faster); (7) the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company and liability policy limits; and (8) the adjuster and defense attorney for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Get Help From A Michigan Brain Injury Lawyer Now
You can speak to an experienced Michigan brain injury lawyer from our law firm now by calling (248) 353-7575 or filling out our contact form for a free consultation. You can also get help from an experienced attorney by using the chat feature on our website. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. We are here for you – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more than 50 years, our attorneys have been helping people like you who have suffered a closed head injury in an automobile crash. We understand the physical, emotional and psychological hardships you are experiencing from your accident. We can help.
Our law firm consistently wins record-breaking verdicts and settlements in the state on behalf of crash victims like you. Even more important than our record settlements in the state is how our attorneys treat the people we help. To see what our own clients have to say about the caring, compassion, and communication they received from us, you can read in their own words about their experience here on our testimonials page from victims we have helped. You can also read about our 100% client satisfaction guarantee.