Tom has obtained substantial settlements and verdicts for his clients over the past 25 years, including a $2 Million settlement for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after being struck by a semi-truck in Kent County. He also obtained a $1 million verdict in Huron County for a serious car accident in which the insurance company refused to pay anything for rehabilitation costs for the teenage auto accident victim. Tom was also named to Grand Rapids Magazine’s list of Top Lawyers for 2022.
Tom also has unique insights into settling cases and maximizing value for his clients, having started on the defense side at two respected insurance defense law firms. He has taken dozens of cases to trial and specializes in recovering unpaid and overdue medical expenses from No-Fault insurance companies.
- University of Detroit-Mercy School of Law – J.D.
- Hillsdale College – B.A.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Negligence Law Section – State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- $2 Million Kent County Truck Accident Settlement
- $1.35 Million Alpena County Head-On Car Accident Settlement
- $1.25 Million Head-On Car Accident Settlement
- $1.25 Million Kent County Auto-Motorcycle Accident Settlement
- Grand Rapids Magazine’s list of Top Lawyers: 2022