The very first time I ever visited Michigan Auto Law I knew they were different. They made me feel like family from day one. I never felt like I was a number. Josh treated me with the utmost respect. Whenever I needed anything, Josh and his team were on it right away. I felt as if my big brother was helping me with my case, not an actual attorney. That is how great Josh is. There is no doubt that Michigan Auto Law gets the credit they deserve. I will be sure to recommend others to this great, warm, and professional law firm.LOAD MORE
Josh has been selected to the Michigan Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars list since 2012. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The honor is limited to the top 5 percent of Michigan attorneys.
Josh was also named in the “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. This is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys, those who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and leadership as a lawyer under the age of 40.
Wayne State University Law School; Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- Recipient of Bronze Key Award for Academic Excellence
- National Moot Court Team Member
Michigan State University, James Madison College; East Lansing, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts – Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy
- Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, Vice President
- University Honors
Prior to joining Michigan Auto Law, Josh worked for a Michigan personal injury law firm in Southfield, where he focused his practice on helping auto accident victims pursue damages for pain and suffering, as well as No-Fault insurance benefits.
He also worked for a Rochester law firm, where he litigated commercial claims.
While in law school at Wayne State University, Josh was a research and teacher’s assistant to Professor Steven M. Davidoff. His research focused on international takeovers and international securities regulation. It was accepted and published by the North Carolina Law Review.
- $1,485,000 Macomb County Rear-end accident trial verdict
- $750,000 Confidential settlement for a trucking case
- $650,000 Wayne County Car Accident settlement
- $500,000 Macomb County Truck accident settlement
- $496,000 Detroit Car accident settlement
- $390,000 Oakland County Rear-end car accident settlement
- $350,000 Huron County Truck accident settlement
- $350,000 Oakland County Truck accident settlement
- $355,500 Macomb County Car accident settlement
- $340,000 Wayne County PIP settlement
- $330,000 Macomb County Car accident settlement
- $300,000 Livingston County Car accident jury verdict
- $300,000 Lapeer County Car accident settlement
Memberships and affiliations
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
Josh is a member of the State Bar of Michigan. He is also licensed to practice in Eastern and Western District Federal Court.
- Speaker, "How Changes to Michigan’s No-Fault Law Could Impact Workers’ Compensation Claimants"; Workers’ Compensation Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan – Winter Meeting; Hosted from Lansing, MI; December 2020
- Speaker, "Tort Claims for Out of State Residents"; No-Fault Institute XVII; Hosted from Lansing, MI; October 2020
- Speaker, "Collateral Sources in Tort and FECA Liens Under the New Law"; Michigan Association for Justice No-Fault Institute XVI – Navigating the Chaos of a New Law; Novi, MI; October 2019
- Speaker, "Cross Border Issues in Car Accident Cases between MI and Canada"; No Fault Institute, Michigan Association for Justice; Southfield, MI; September 2015
- Speaker, "Auto Accident Cases With Minimal Vehicle Damage: To Try or Not to Try?"; Michigan Association for Justice's 2013 No-Fault Institute Legal Seminar; Southfield, MI; September 2013