What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident In Michigan
Motorcycle Accident Checklist
All too often, motorcycle accident victims tell attorneys they regret not being better prepared for what to do at the scene. The following checklist was developed by our motorcycle accident lawyers to protect and prepare Michigan motorcyclists in the event of a crash. We hope we never have to hear from you. However, if you are involved in a an accident with a motorcycle, please remember the following safety tips below on what to do after a motorcycle accident:
- Call the police
- Seek medical attention immediately
- If, due to the severity of your personal injuries, you are unable to wait for the police, or you are unable to get the information (name, address, contact information) of the other driver involved in your accident, ask someone to gather the information for you. Many insurance companies have strict notice requirements and require “contact” with another vehicle. This information must be available if you are going to have a successful motorcycle accident case.
- For the reasons stated above, try to identify any possible witnesses.
- Listen carefully to what the other driver said about the accident. Write down any admissions of fault at the scene and ask that he repeat these statements to the investigating police officer.
- If, due to the seriousness of your injuries, you must report the accident from a hospital or must have someone report on your behalf, than it is important to do so. You must make sure to give all available information regarding how the accident occurred and the fault of the other driver to the police. Do not let the uninjured driver of the car involved tell the police that your injuries were somehow your own fault because you are unavailable at the accident scene.
Our Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Michigan Auto Law has been exclusively handling auto accident cases, including hundreds of accident cases involving motorcycles, for more than 50 years. We can help Michigan accident victims and their family members better understand motorcycle insurance laws and what happens after someone has been seriously injured in a crash. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Michigan, please call us at (800) 777-0028 for a free case evaluation.
Did our auto accident lawyers answer all of your questions about what to do after a motorcycle crash? If not, please contact us and an attorney will respond within one business day.