Our Sterling Heights car accident lawyers share the list of the top 10 of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2022 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2022, nearly a third (29.2%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2022 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2022?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Macomb County in 2022:
- 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren/Center Line, 207 Total Crashes, 41 Injuries
- 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 118 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries (Roundabout)
- 10 MILE RD @ I 94, St. Clair Shores, 103 Total Crashes, 28 Injuries
- 12 MILE RD @ I 94, Roseville, 90 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
- HALL RD @ SCHOENHERR RD, Sterling Heights, 84 Total Crashes, 14 Injuries
- 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ HOOVER, Warren, 83 Total Crashes, 1 Fatality, 17 Injuries
- HALL RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Utica, 82 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- 12 MILE RD @ DEQUINDRE RD, Madison Heights, 62 Total Crashes, 31 Injuries
- 11 MILE RD @ DEQUINDRE RD, Madison Heights, 62 Total Crashes, 30 Injuries
- 12 MILE RD @ MOUND RD, Warren, 62 Total Crashes, 22 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2022 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 3 of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren
Number 1 on the list of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections was at 11 Mile Rd/I696 at Van Dyke Ave, in Warren, MI. Total accidents at this intersection in 2022 were up 60% from 2019. There were 207 collisions in 2022, 173 in 2021, 124 in 2020, and 129 in 2019.
In 2022, there were 41 crash-related injuries at this interchange, which was the highest number in the last four years. There were 38, 33, 31 crash-related injuries in 2021, 2020, and 2019, respectively.
No. 2: 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights
In 2022, total crashes at this busy interchange – which also happens to be a roundabout – were the lowest they’ve been in four years.
They dropped nearly 30% from 168 in 2021 to 118 in 2022. They were also down nearly 10% from 131 in 2020 and 48% from 229 in 2019.
There were 10 crash-related injuries in 2022, compared with 17 in 2021, 8 in 2020 and 14 in 2019.
No. 3: 10 MILE RD @ I 94, St. Clair Shores
Number 3 on the list of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous intersections was 10 Mile Rd. at I94 in Saint Clair Shores. Total crashes at this interchange in 2022 dropped nearly 39% from 168 in 2021 to 103. However, they were still 40% higher than in 2020.
Crash-related injuries saw similar trends, decreasing from 42 injuries in 2021 to 28 injuries in 2022 – with only 12 injuries in 2020.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan intersection accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents. To read blog posts about specific counties and cities click here.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Michigan, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Call now!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections call now (855) 781-7747 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Sterling Heights car accident lawyers. There is no cost or obligation. You can also visit our contact page or use the chat feature on our website.
Michigan Auto Law is Michigan’s largest and most successful law firm that specializes exclusively in helping people who have been injured in auto accidents.
Our secret? Our attorneys deliberately handle fewer cases than other personal injury law firms. This allows us to focus more time and attention on our cases.
Unlike other law firms, our attorneys are never too busy to promptly return phone calls and answer questions.
We have more than 2,000 5-Star Reviews that reflect this care and attention to detail.
More importantly, this client-focused approach leads to better and faster settlements for our clients. Michigan Auto Law has recovered more million-dollar settlements and trial verdicts for motor vehicle accidents than any other lawyer or law firm in Michigan. We’ve also recovered the highest ever reported truck accident and car accident settlement in the state.
Call now so we can start making a real difference for you.