Our Traverse City car accident lawyers share the list of Grand Traverse County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2022 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2022, nearly a third (29.2%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2022 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car crash data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2022?
Here are the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Grand Traverse County in 2022:
- US 31 @ W SOUTH AIRPORT RD, Garfield Township, 38 Total Crashes, 19 Injuries
- BARLOW ST @ LA FRANIER RD, Garfield Township, 36 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- 3 MILE RD @ US 31, East Bay Township, 32 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- BEITNER RD @ M 37, Blair Township, 30 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- SOUTH AIRPORT RD @ N GARFIELD RD, Garfield Township, 29 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- CASS RD @ W SOUTH AIRPORT RD, Garfield Township, 26 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- DIVISION ST @ SILVER LAKE RD, Traverse City, 21 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- DIVISION ST @ W FRONT ST, Traverse City, 21 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- DIVISION ST @ RANDOLPH ST, 20 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- 8TH ST @ MUNSON AVE E, Traverse City, 19 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of Grand Traverse County’s most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2022 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: US 31 @ W SOUTH AIRPORT RD, Garfield Township
This very busy corner south of Traverse City is once again at the top of the list of Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections.
Total crashes in 2022 remained at 38 – same as in 2021. Although this was an increase from 35 in 2020, it was still significantly lower than the 62 auto accidents that occurred at this intersection in 2019.
Unfortunately, crash-related injuries more than tripled at this interchange in 2022. There were 19 injuries, compared with 6 injuries in 2021 and 5 in 2020.
No. 2: BARLOW ST @ LA FRANIER RD, Garfield Township
Total crashes at this intersection increased from 31 in 2021 to 36 in 2022.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan intersection accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for car crashes. To read blog posts about specific counties and cities click here.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Michigan, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Call now!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Grand Traverse County’s Most Dangerous Intersections call now (855) 781-7747 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Traverse city car accident lawyers. There is no cost or obligation. You can also visit our contact page or use the chat feature on our website.
Michigan Auto Law is Michigan’s largest and most successful law firm that specializes exclusively in helping people who have been injured in auto accidents.
Our secret? Our attorneys deliberately handle fewer cases than other personal injury law firms. This allows us to focus more time and attention on our cases.
Unlike other law firms, our attorneys are never too busy to promptly return phone calls and answer questions.
We have more than 1,900 5-Star Reviews that reflect this care and attention to detail.
More importantly, this client-focused approach leads to better and faster settlements for our clients. Michigan Auto Law has recovered more million-dollar settlements and trial verdicts for motor vehicle accidents than any other lawyer or law firm in Michigan. We’ve also recovered the highest ever reported truck accident and car accident settlement in the state.
If you or a loved one is injured in an intersection accident in Michigan, call now so we can start making a real difference for you.