Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Macomb County in 2021:
- 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren, Total Crashes 173, Injuries 38
- 10 MILE RD @ I 94, St. Clair Shores, Total Crashes 168, Injuries 42
- 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, Total Crashes 168, Injuries 17
- 12 MILE RD @ I 94, St. Clair Shores, Total Crashes 121, Injuries 47
- 11 MILE RD @ GRATIOT AVE E, Roseville, Total Crashes 92, Injuries 9
- HALL RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Utica, Total Crashes 86, Injuries 15
- 11 MILE RD @ GROESBECK HWY, Warren, Total Crashes 63, Injuries 21
- HALL RD @ M 53, Sterling Heights, Total Crashes 62, Injuries 12
- 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ HOOVER, Warren, Total Crashes 62, Injuries 9
- HALL RD @ ROMEO PLANK RD, Macomb Township, Total Crashes 61, Injuries 16
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 3 of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren
Up from #2 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes increase to 173 from 124 in 2020. Unfortunately, that is also a significant increase over the 129 auto accidents that occurred at this intersection in 2019. Injuries increased only relatively slightly from 33 in 2020 to 38 in 2021.
No. 2: 10 MILE RD @ I 94, St. Clair Shores
On this years list of Macomb County’s most dangerous intersections, this intersection climbed to #2 for 2021 from #4 in 2020. Unfortunately, this is likely because the number of total crashes at this crossroads more than doubled in 2021, going from 70 crashes in 2020 to 168 in 2021. Similarly, injuries went from 12 in 2020 to 42 to 2021.
No. 3: 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights
Down to #3 from #1 in 2020, this intersection has seen substantial fluctuations in its total crash numbers in the last three years. Importantly, total crashes here in 2021 were down nearly 27% from 2019. In 2021, total crashes were 168. In 2020, they were 131. But in 2019, they 229.
Unfortunately, injuries in 2021 exceeded levels for both 2020 (8 injuries) and 2019 (14 injuries).
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Macomb County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Sterling Heights car accident lawyers at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.