Have you been injured? you may have a case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

No-Fault Law Requires Employers to Provide Auto Accident Victim’s Pay Records

Lawyer Commentary on No-Fault Statute: MCL 500.3158

Statement of earnings, form, contents; reports of treatment of injuries persons; records, production, inspection, copying

Upon request, an employer must provide a statement of job earnings made by a car accident victim claiming inability to work and requesting wage loss (work loss) from his own No-Fault insurance company, based on injuries from a car accident.

Similarly, any medical institution, such as a hospital or physician’s office, must provide medical records or bills related to its treatment of any person requesting payment from his No-Fault insurance company for injuries resulting from a car accident. However, any medical records not somehow related to a car accident, personal injuries from a car accident or in regard to prior claims unrelated to a car accident are not payable.

The No-Fault Lawyers of Michigan Auto Law

The lawyers of Michigan Auto Law have been specializing in auto No-Fault litigation for more than 50 years. If you have been injured in a car accident, truck accident or motorcycle accident and need help navigating through your No-Fault insurance policy, please call one of our expert attorneys for a free case evaluation at (800) 777-0028. Or you can fill out our consultation form. There is no fee or obligation.

We are here to help you.