Have you been injured? you may have a case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
No-Fault Act and Statutes

No-Fault Certification of Michigan Insurers

Lawyer Commentary on No-Fault Statute: MCL 500.3163

Automobile insurer not required to provide personal and property protection insurance benefits to out-of-state residents; exception.

An auto insurance company that is authorized to do business in Michigan is not required to provide No-Fault benefits to an out-of-state insured after he or she has been injured in a car accident in Michigan.

An out-of-state insured is “an out-of-state resident who is insured under the insurer’s automobile liability insurance policies” issued in the non-Michigan resident’s home state.

The only exception to this general rule is if:

The “out-of-state resident is the owner of a motor vehicle that is registered and insured in this state.”

No-Fault Lawyers of Michigan Auto Law

The lawyers of Michigan Auto Law have been specializing in auto No-Fault litigation for more than 50 years. If you have been injured in a car accident, truck accident or motorcycle accident and need help navigating through your No-Fault insurance policy, please call one of our experienced attorneys for a free case evaluation at (800) 777-0028. Or you can fill out our consultation form. There is no fee or obligation.

We are here to help you.

Our Recommended Car Insurance Coverages For The New No-Fault Law – Read More Here