Our Michigan Auto Law auto accident attorneys want to thank our clients for the honor of helping you and for placing your trust in us; We accomplished so much together in 2021
2021 was a tremendous year for the people who we are so honored to help. We are grateful to share with you our annual Year In Review blog post.
For those of you reading whom we have the honor of helping, you are the reason we do what we do.
We work harder to protect people injured in car accidents. And it shows in the results we have obtained for those who put their faith and trust in us. As a very unique and very specialized Michigan personal injury law firm, our attorneys have chosen a different path from the law firms that you constantly see advertising on television and see on billboards. It begins with specialization. That means focusing on only one area of law – helping people seriously injured in automobile accidents – and doing it better than anyone else in the state year after year.
This is accompanied by a very different philosophy in how we practice law compared to other Michigan personal injury law firms. Our focus is on taking fewer cases so we can focus more time and more attention on each case. Clients are not case numbers and our law firm is not an advertising mill. That means we can devote more time to our clients. Our attorneys return every phone call and we work hard to provide great communication and service for our clients.
The secret to our success? We know that by keeping our caseloads lower, this directly translates into better settlement and trial results for our clients.
Unlike other law firms, we don’t have to put up clearly fictitious, ridiculous and clearly absurd settlement numbers. These were real results our auto accident attorneys obtained for our clients in 2021:
- $10.5 million confidential Michigan truck accident arbitration. Interestingly, our attorneys were able to uncover additional defendants and insurance policies, turning what had initially appeared to be a case with only $1 million dollars in insurance into a $10.5 million dollar arbitration award.
- $2 million out of state confidential truck accident settlement. Every year, our attorneys are contacted by lawyers throughout the country who ask us to co-counsel or take over cases for trial based on our experience in truck accident cases.
- $2 million West Michigan confidential truck accident settlement
- $2 million Metro Detroit truck accident settlement
- $1.75 million confidential motor vehicle collision settlement
- $1.65 million confidential auto accident settlement
- $1.25 million car accident settlement
- $1.25 million wrongful death car accident settlement
- $1.1 million car accident settlement
Below are some of our Michigan Auto Law attorneys’ accomplishments from 2021, which was another special year for the people we are entrusted with helping.
A Commitment to Extraordinary Client Service
Our commitment to client service is always at the top of our list. That is why it is also at the top of our 2021 Year in Review blog.
Each and every one of us at Michigan Auto Law is fully committed to providing truly exceptional client service to our clients. In 2021, we were honored to again be the recipient of the prestigious “Client’s Choice” award from Avvo for extraordinary client service.
Our commitment to caring and excellent communication is why we have so many outstanding reviews from our clients, now numbering nearly 2,000 real reviews from real people we’ve helped throughout Michigan.
Top Auto Accident Settlements and Trial Verdicts Year after Year
There is a good reason why more lawyers and law firms in Michigan and throughout the country refer auto accident injury cases to Michigan Auto Law than to any other law firm in the state. We have not only recovered the highest ever reported trucking settlement and auto settlement of any Michigan lawyer or law firm, but we have also recovered more million-dollar settlements and trial verdicts for automobile accidents than any Michigan law firm.
In fact, our attorneys have also recovered the highest recorded auto accident trial verdicts in multiple counties throughout the state (and the highest truck accident settlements for the year in 2 other states as well where out-of-state lawyers ask us to help co-counsel on significant auto accident and truck accident cases they have).
Why is this so important? Proven trial results lead to car accident settlements that are significantly higher and faster for our clients.
But what we do for our clients is not just about settlements and verdicts. Most of the time, we are devoting our expertise, resources, and energies to just ensuring that the people we help have the help – the lifeline they need – whether that means insisting they get the wage loss benefits they are due because their injuries have disabled them from working to earn their paycheck or helping them secure transportation to get them to the doctor for needed medical treatment and care when insurance companies are busy erecting roadblocks. Our auto accident attorneys worked tirelessly to protect people injured in car accidents and to push back against insurance company abuses. We always have and we always will.
Michigan Auto Law Legal Leadership
Our auto accident attorneys’ decades-long commitment to being leaders in both the national and Michigan legal field and to giving back to their colleagues in the profession continued in 2021 for Michigan Auto Law:
- Steve Gursten served his third year as President of the American Association for Justice’s Distracted Driving Litigation Group, teaching lawyers throughout America how to litigate automobile accident cases caused by distracted driving. Our attorneys also volunteer and speak at high schools and to parent groups throughout Michigan on teaching teens and parents about the dangers of texting while driving. Michigan Auto Law also sponsors an annual college scholarship in honor of Kelsey Raffaele, the young teen driver who lost her life due to distracted driving and for whom Michigan’s teen distracted driving law, Kelsey’s Law, is named after.
- Steve also serves on the Michigan Association for Justice Auto No-Fault Committee, representing the MAJ and advising on the new No-Fault law.
- Brandon Hewitt continues to serve on the Executive Board of the Michigan Association for Justice.
- Brandon also serves as the Chair of the MAJ committee on autonomous vehicles.
- Jordan Jones continues to serve on the Executive Board of the AAJ Trucking Litigation Group.
- Steve is a past-President of the AAJ Trucking Litigation Group, the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, and the Belli Society, an invitation-only group of some of the nation’s top trial attorneys.
Legal Honors and Awards
We are grateful for the honors and awards bestowed on Michigan Auto Law and our attorneys in 2021:
- For the eleventh straight year, Michigan Auto Law is recognized by U.S. News & Best Lawyers’ annual “Best Law Firms” list for excellent personal injury litigation in Metro Detroit.
- Michigan Auto Law’s attorneys were again selected among the top 5% of attorneys in the U.S. — for the 13th year in a row — in the annual Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.
- Nine Michigan Auto Law attorneys were selected in 2021 as Super Lawyers – more than any other personal injury law firm in Michigan.
- Steve Gursten, Larry Gursten, Kevin Seiferheld, and Tom James were again named to “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- Jordan Jones and Jordan Barkey were both recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. This award recognizes “the most promising younger lawyers in the U.S.” for their “outstanding professional excellence.”
- This marks the eleventh straight year that Steve Gursten was voted among the top 50 lawyers in the entire state of Michigan, out of over 65,000 lawyers, according to Super Lawyers.
- Brandon Hewitt, Rick Houghton and Tom Baker were selected to the 2022 list of Top Lawyers by Grand Rapids Magazine.
- Steve Gursten, Josh Terebelo and Chris Hunter were selected by Dbusiness Magazine as 2022 Metro Detroit Top Lawyers.
Legal Seminars and Education
Our attorneys speak at legal seminars and legal conferences throughout the U.S.
Michigan Auto Law thanks you!
All of us at Michigan Auto Law want to thank you and let you know we take great pride in helping and protecting people who have been injured in car, truck and motorcycle accidents – and doing so better than any other law firm in Michigan year in and year out.
We are always here for you.
May you and your families have a happy, productive and safe 2022.
Need help finding the right lawyer? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our experienced auto accident attorneys. You can also get help by visiting our contact page or you can use the chat feature on our website.