Terms & Conditions
- Don’t text and drive! Entries with footage or images of a person actually texting while driving will not be accepted or considered. If you are doing anything illegal in your entry, the entry will be automatically disqualified.
- You must be a high school junior or senior student to participate in the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest.
- Avoid having brand names in your graphic or video. Also, if submitting a video with music, be sure it’s original music that you have permission to use.
Grant of Rights and Publicity:
By submitting a tweet, graphic, or video to the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest, each entrant grants to Michigan Auto Law an exclusive, perpetual, unlimited, and irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, display and publicly perform the submission in any manner and in any media (existing and/or created in the future) – whether for commercial, non-commercial, advertising or publicity purposes – that Michigan Auto Law chooses to. Each entrant grants the same right to Michigan Auto Law with respect to the entrant’s full name, hometown, place of residence, photo, image and/or likeness. Entrants will receive no compensation or royalties for Michigan Auto Law’s use of their submitted contest videos. Nor will entrants receive advance notice of or the right to approve use of their videos or graphic. Michigan Auto Law may assign its video rights to other persons or entities as Michigan Auto Law chooses – without notification or approval from the entrant who created the video. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest and by the judging determination by Michigan Auto Law. Each entrant agrees to waive her or his right to claim an ambiguity in the Rules and/or the contest. Entrants consent to be contacted by Michigan Auto Law and/or its agents by telephone, e-mail or regular mail. Entrants agree to sign and deliver to Michigan Auto Law any and all contest-related documents that Michigan Auto Law requests entrants to sign and deliver.
Permission from Video Participants:
Representations; Warranties & Indemnification: Each entrant represents and warrants that:
- Her or his submitted contest video is her or his own work;
- The video and its publication doesn’t infringe other persons’ rights, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, intellectual property or other rights;
- She or he has obtained from all persons participating and/or appearing in the submitted contest video permission for Michigan Auto Law to use their name, voice, image and/or likeness as it appears in the video in conformance with the rights granted to Michigan Auto Law in the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest’s Official Rules;
- She or he holds Michigan Auto Law harmless and will indemnify Michigan Auto Law from any third party (or other) claims that an entrant’s video and/or publication infringes the third-party’s rights.
Limitations of Liability and Release:
Michigan Auto Law is not responsible for any events, including, but not limited to technical problems or malfunctions, that affect the contest and/or Michigan Auto Law’s ability to determine a winner or winners. Michigan Auto Law reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to cancel, modify or terminate the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest and/or the Official Rules thereof and/or any portions of the contest or the Rules. Entrants and their heirs, executors and administrators agree to release and hold harmless Michigan Auto Law from and against any liability, claim of injury, loss or damage (including, but not limited to, punitive or exemplary damages) or for any claim in tort, contract, negligence or otherwise arising out of an entrant’s participation in the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest.
Consent to interviews:
Winners will be expected to participate both in person (if feasible) and online for interviews with representatives from Michigan Auto Law to promote the scholarship program and talk about your submission message. Each winner’s high school will be contacted to request an interview as well. Photos and videos of winners will be shared online through Michigan Auto Law’s blog and social media for purposes of promoting the scholarship contest throughout the state.
Michigan Auto Law’s failure to enforce any provision of the “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest’s Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Choice of Law:
The “Kelsey’s Law Scholarship” contest is offered only in the State of Michigan in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Oakland County, Michigan, for the resolution of any disputes.
Winners’ names will be posted on the Website after the winners are confirmed.