Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County based on Michigan State Police car accident report data for 2019 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Interchanges are dangerous. In 2018, 28.2% of all fatal car accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections. (Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, “2018 Quick Facts”)
But these Muskegon County interchanges are even more dangerous.
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County reflects the latest car accident report data available from 2019 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of traffic accidents reported. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us to provide the car accident report data that we use to identify the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County. The underlying car accident report data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Muskegon County in 2019
- US 31 @ SHERMAN BLVD, Muskegon, 64 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- HARVEY ST @ STERNBERG RD, Fruitport Twp, 42 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- HOLTON RD @ US 31, Muskegon Twp, 34 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- SEAWAY DR @ SHERMAN BLVD, Muskegon, 33 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- HENRY ST @ SHERMAN BLVD, Muskegon, 30 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- HOLTON RD @ M 120, North Muskegon, 28 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- APPLE AVE @ US 31, Muskegon Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- LAKETON AVE @ SEAWAY DR, Muskegon, 26 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- APPLE AVE @ GETTY ST, Muskegon, 23 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- GETTY ST @ LAKETON AVE, Muskegon, 23 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (Note: “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The numbers include any traffic accident reported that occurred within 250 feet of an interchange, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways.)
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: US 31 and Sherman Blvd, Muskegon
A busy interchange east of Muskegon jumped up to the No. 1 spot for the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County for 2019 with 64 traffic accidents compared to 51 in 2018. That is a considerable increase in car accidents in just one year. There were 9 reported injuries in 2019.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Harvey Street and Sternberg Road, Fruitport Township/Norton Shores
Just a few miles south along US 31 is the number two interchange that moved up the top ten list of the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County as well in 2019 with 42 traffic accidents compared to 34 traffic accidents in 2018. Just east of US 31, this area sees a heavy volume of traffic off the freeway as well as retail and local mall visitors.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan traffic accidents, interchanges with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of interchange traffic accidents that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan traffic accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Need help after a car accident? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you have been injured in a car accident in Michigan – at an intersection or anywhere – you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by emailing [email protected] or you can use the chat feature on our website.