Our attorneys share the 10 most dangerous intersections in Monroe County based on 2018 car accident data so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Intersections are dangerous. But these Monroe County intersections are even more dangerous.
Over 30% of all fatal car accidents occurred at intersections, according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (“2017 Quick Facts”).
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County is the latest car accident data available from 2018 on the top 10 intersections with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to sincerely thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, which compiled the raw data from thousands of motor vehicle accident reports submitted by local police and law enforcement throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Monroe County in 2018
- TELEGRAPH ROAD @ STEWART ROAD, Frenchtown Twp, 35 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH ROAD @ I 275, Ash Twp, 32 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- SECOR ROAD @ STERNS ROAD, Bedford Twp, 32 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH ROAD @ CUSTER ROAD, Monroe, 22 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH ROAD @ DUNBAR ROAD, Monroe Twp, 16 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- COLE ROAD @ MONROE ST, Frenchtown Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- I 75 RAMP @ DIXIE HWY, Frenchtown Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- I 275 @ WILL CARLETON ROAD, Ash Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- LEWIS AVE @ STERNS ROAD, Bedford Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH ROAD @ LORAIN ST, Monroe, 15 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury car crashes and fatal car crashes) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: Telegraph and Stewart Roads, Frenchtown Township
Monroe County drivers will be happy to discover that one of the busiest stretches of road in the area had a significant reduction in car crashes, going from 58 total car accidents in 2017 to 35 in 2018. This is a welcome change back to past levels before a spike in 2017 put this corner at the top. While it remains in the No. 1 position on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County, an overall decrease in car accidents is promising for local drivers.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Telegraph Road and I 275, Ash Township
Rising to the No. 2 spot on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County this year is another busy Telegraph corner that intersects with a major freeway. This area did see a modest rise in car crashes from 27 in 2017 to 32 in 2018. Injuries increased as well. Always use caution driving through these busy areas with freeway on and off ramps.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.