Types Of Truck Accidents
The most significant difference between a commercial truck accident and a car crash is the greater extent of damages and injuries. Because big-rigs, 18-wheelers and tractor- trailers can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds, a collision with an automobile or pedestrian can more easily result in debilitating injury and death.
There are many types of dangerous truck accidents occurring in Michigan, which can be grouped into the following categories:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Broadside collisions
- Right-hand squeeze collisions, when a driver attempts to pass a truck on the right-hand side, not realizing the truck is making a wide right turn
- Center line crossover collisions
- Bump collisions
- Lane change collisions
- Jack-knifed tractor-trailers
- Vehicles sliding underneath tractor trailers, also called truck underride crashes
- Loss of control of a vehicle
- Loss of truck control by a truck driver
- Hit and run truck accident
For free advice after a truck accident, call us at (800) 777-0028 or fill out our consultation form. We can answer all of your questions, and there’s no fee or obligation.