How to Choose the Best Accident Lawyer in Michigan
A List of Credentials and Warnings You Can Reference When Choosing Between Different Accident Lawyers
The qualifications below will help you find the great Michigan accident lawyers – and help you stay away from the ones who could actually hurt your case.
Call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 for help from one of our accident lawyers now. There’s no cost or obligation. You can also take a look at our attorney evaluator chart and our 100 percent client satisfaction guarantee.
To help you make the most educated decision and choose the right accident lawyer, we’ve put together the following checklist:
- Biography: Refer to biographical information about the accident lawyer and law firm.
- Practice area: The Michigan accident lawyer should have a focused legal practice that is tailored to your particular type of accident or injury.
- Verdicts and settlements: Find verifiable information about the accident lawyer’s record of success by looking at its settlements and jury verdicts.
- In the news: The attorney should have news articles, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other informational features like books to help accident victims and other lawyers.
- Leadership: The accident lawyers should be actively involved with legal associations – not just as members, but leaders.
- Legal presentations: The lawyer should be a speaker at legal seminars, an author of publications and a panel expert on your accident and injury type.
- An attorney in good standing: Contact the State Bar of Michigan and Martindale-Hubbell to find out if the accident lawyer is in good standing. Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Rating is the highest mark for legal ability and ethics. Seek third-party verification of the law firm and the accident lawyer’s reputation by checking legal publications (such as Michigan Lawyers Weekly or the Detroit Legal News), for publicity about the attorney and the cases he or she has handled. Also, AVVO has a 10/10 score that reflects the attorney’s legal ability, ethics, success and peer recognition.
- Informative website: The law firm should have a website that provides useful and understandable information to help you.
Warning: How to tell if an accident lawyer might not be the best for you
Below are some factors that may indicate a Michigan accident lawyer is not be the best choice for handling your lawsuit.
- General legal referral directories: Be wary of national lawyer referral directories featuring a wide variety of legal topics when searching online for an accident lawyer. This information is designed to target to a mass audience, versus communicating directly with Michigan injury victims about their unique laws, challenges and accident circumstances.
- Self-proclaimed endorsements: Look out for advertising and websites that contain self-proclaimed endorsements, such as “best, top, leading,” that can’t be supported by factual information or verified by recognized third parties.
- Lots of Yellow Pages advertising: Avoid the Yellow Pages. The best accident lawyers do not have to advertise heavily. They earn new clients from positive word-of-mouth or from other respected attorneys.
Our Michigan accident lawyers can help you
Call (800) 777-0028 for a free case evaluation from one of our accident lawyers. Or you can fill out our consultation form. The call and the advice are free, and we’re always here to help you.