As an accident lawyer, my clients and friends are always asking me what roads are most dangerous and the worst place for car accidents. I’ve been addressing these questions by periodically posting about the worst intersections in high traffic areas throughout the state.
Today, we’ll talk about the worst intersections – as defined by the highest number of car accidents – in Monroe County, Michigan for 2013.
Our list comes from SEMCOG (Southeast Michigan Council of Governments), which provides data on high-frequency car accident locations for cities within seven counties in Southeast Michigan.
If you can, try and avoid these Monroe County intersections altogether. Or if they’re completely unavoidable, be aware of the extra traffic and increased risk of being involved in an auto accident.
Here are the Top 10 most dangerous intersections in Monroe County, Michigan:
- North Telegraph Road and Stewart Road, Frenchtown Township, 44 crashes
- Secor Road and Sterns Road, Bedford Township, 34 crashes
- Cole Road and North Monroe Street, Frenchtown Township, 31 crashes
- South Telegraph Road and West Dunbar Road, Monroe Township, 30 crashes
- East Elm Avenue and North Monroe Street, Monroe, 20 crashes
- East Dunbar Road and South Dixie Highway, Monroe Township, 19 crashes
- South Telegraph Road and South Custer Road, Monroe, 18 crashes
- Fredericks Drive and North Telegraph Road, Monroe, 17 crashes
- East 3rd Street and South Monroe Street, Monroe, 15 crashes
- Newport Road and North Telegraph Road, Ash Township, 14 crashes
For our Monroe County readers, do you agree with this list? Is there a dangerous intersection that’s missing? Let us know by making a comment below or on our Facebook page.
For more local resources, including how to obtain a police report, visit our web page on Monroe Local Resources.