Kent County car accident statistics and our new office for West Michigan crash victims
Unfortunately, car accidents continue to increase in West Michigan. Today I want to share the top 10 worst intersections in West Michigan.
This information comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System – High Crash Intersection Report.
It pays to use extra caution in the following high crash intersections:
- 28th Street Southeast at Eastern Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 63 auto accidents
- 28th Street Southwest at Burlingame Avenue Southwest, Wyoming, 53 auto accidents
- 28th Street Southeast at Breton Road Southeast, Grand Rapids, 53 auto accidents
- 28th Street Southeast at Broadmoor Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 52 auto accidents
- 28th Street Southeast at South Division Avenue, Grand Rapids, 50 auto accidents
- 4 Mile Road Northwest at Alpine Avenue Northwest, Alpine Township, 50 auto accidents
- 44th Street Southeast at Breton Road Southeast, Grand Rapids, 49 auto accidents
- 28th Street Southeast at East Paris Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, 48 auto accidents
- East Beltline Avenue Southeast at Lake Eastbrook Boulevard Southeast, Grand Rapids, 47 auto accidents
- Fuller Avenue Northeast at Leonard Street Northeast, Grand Rapids, 47 auto accidents
As is the case with the city of Grand Rapids, more than half the dangerous intersections in Kent County are along 28th Street. As most West Michigan residents know, this is one of the busiest streets in the area, with lots of traffic visiting local businesses and retail stores.
Use caution in this area as well as on 44th Street. Here’s more information on 28th Street construction in Grand Rapids.
Ironic timing perhaps, since we recently announced that Michigan Auto Law has opened a new office in Grand Rapids to better serve West Michigan residents who have been injured in car crashes and truck accidents. Speaking for myself and the other injury lawyers here, we would all prefer that the Department of Transportation look at the safety of these intersections and see what they can do to minimize the number of car crashes that are occurring.
We don’t need the work!
Our new West Michigan law firm office address, by the way is:
Michigan Auto Law
146 Monroe Center NW; Suite 1330
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
And here’s the phone number: (616) 447-8847.
You also may visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county, and our list of Michigan’s 2016 Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections.