National Truck Accident Statistics
Below are 2016 statistics about truck accidents throughout the U.S. They represent the most current data available and reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration in its annual “Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2016” (published in May 2018):
Truck accidents involving injury and deaths:
- 475,000 truck accidents
- 3,864 fatal truck accidents
- 104,00 injury truck accidents
Truck accidents, speed and harmful events:
- 1,337 of the 3,864 fatal truck crashes occurred at speeds between 50-55 mph
- 2,803 fatal truck crashes involved collision with a vehicle in transport
- 355 fatal truck crashes involved collision with a fixed object
- 307 fatal truck crashes involved collision with a pedestrian
- 197 fatal truck crashes involved rollovers
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Michigan, don’t settle for becoming just another statistic at the hands of irresponsible truck companies.
Call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 to for free advice from one of our attorneys today. Or you can request a case evaluation by filling out our contact form.