Michigan Truck Accident Statistics
Below are 2017 statistics about Michigan truck accidents. They represent the most current data available from Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (for “Heavy Truck/Bus Involved Crashes”):
Michigan truck accident deaths and injuries:
- There were 13,416 accidents involving trucks.
- There were 96 fatal truck crashes.
- There were 2,437 injury truck accidents.
Causes of these truck accidents:
- Truck drivers speeding: 510 crashes, 2 fatal crashes, 125 injury crashes
- Truck drivers failing to yield and disregarding traffic lights: 813 crashes, 5 fatal crashes, 214 injury crashes
- Truck drivers unable to stop in assured clear distance: 1,226 crashes, 5 fatal crashes, 310 injury crashes
- Truckers improperly using the lane: 705 crashes, 0 fatal crashes, 57 injury crashes
- Truckers driving carelessly and negligently: 268 accidents, 3 fatal crashes, 69 injury crashes
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Michigan, don’t settle for becoming just another statistic at the hands of irresponsible truck companies. Call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. Or you can request a case evaluation by filling out our contact form.