Do I Have A Case?
When You May Need a Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer
The earlier an expert truck accident lawyer is contacted following a truck accident, the greater the likelihood that an excellent result can be achieved. As Michigan truck driver laws and regulations have never been more challenging than it is today, good legal advice from the start will help truck accident victims avoid devastating loss of their legal rights, medical benefits and ability to receive just compensation.
It’s especially important to contact a lawyer when any of the following circumstances exist:
- There is serious injury or death resulting from the truck accident.
- When personal injuries from the truck accident impair the victim’s ability to perform or enjoy previous tasks, including work, chores, hobbies, sports and relationships.
- The Michigan police report does not accurately portray the circumstances of the truck accident or there is disagreement regarding truck driver negligence.
- When truck accident victims are unsure of how to interpret their auto insurance policies, particularly in relation to notification requirements and coordinated benefits.
- If injured people are confused about which benefits they are eligible for and time limits for filing appropriate forms.
- When truck accident victims experience Michigan insurance claims adjuster delays, such as phone calls not being returned, getting passed from one adjuster to the next, multiple requests for medical records, delays in payment and simply not being heard or believed.
- When bills for car repair, medical expenses and loss of work are creating a financial burden.
- If any reimbursable expenses are not paid by the insurance carrier, a law suit must be filed within 12 months from the date the expense was incurred, or you will lose your right to reimbursement for that expense.
- Any time a truck accident victim is asked to sign a release.
- When the truck company’s insurance company wants to settle – never agree to settle without help from a specialized truck accident lawyer.
- If the truck accident victim is instructed to have an independent medical exam (IME), or when important medical tests and referrals to specialists are denied or delayed.
There are many other reasons to involve a specialized truck accident attorney to help protect the interests of victims injured or killed in truck accidents on Michigan roads. For guidance at any time, call (800) 777-0028 to speak directly with a lawyer. Or fill out our contact form for an auto accident lawyer free consultation and we will respond to your inquiry within one business day. Even if you choose not to hire an attorney or file a truck accident lawsuit, there is no harm in getting initial advice on steps you can take to immediately protect yourself. Michigan Auto Law provides free consultations with no obligation. Accident victims always leave with a better understanding of what can be done to help their truck accident case.