Headache treatment following a car accident
Our personal injury lawyers highlight the treatment options available to auto accident victims suffering from post traumatic headaches
There’s a lot to share in terms of treatments doctors can prescribe to auto accident victims with post-traumatic headaches. Click on the links below for information on what’s available to help relieve your headache pain.
If you would like to speak with a personal injury lawyer from Michigan Auto Law now, feel free to call (800) 777-0028. The call and the advice is free.
According to the Mayo Clinic, medications used to treat headaches, such as post-traumatic headaches, may include:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-seizure medications,
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Among the procedures used to treat headaches are:
- Injections (Injections of a local anesthetic around a nerve)
- Trigger point injections (Injections of a numbing agent and corticosteroid at the point of pain)
With medications and procedures as part of the arsenal for treating headaches, there are also alternative medicine options:
- Biofeedback (Controls headaches by becoming more aware of and then changing certain bodily responses such as muscle tension, heart rate and skin temperature”),
- Herbs, vitamins and minerals,
- Chiropractic care.
In addition to the other treatment options, the Mayo Clinic also recommends consideration of support groups, counseling or therapy for auto accident victims struggling to cope with the pain, discomfort and disruption of normal life that comes with post-traumatic headaches.
Call Michigan Auto Law. Our personal injury attorneys are here for you.
If you still have concerns about headaches after your car accident, call us at (800) 777-0028. We can answer all of your questions. You can also fill out our consultation form.
We don’t charge for the call or for answering your questions, and there’s no obligation.