Have you been injured? you may have a case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Third Party Insurance

Pain and Suffering – Non-Economic Damages

Our attorneys explain what “pain and suffering” means and who pays for non-economic damages after an accident

Pain and suffering refers to your non-economic damages. Below we’ve summarized some of the elements of pain and suffering:

  • physical pain and suffering
  • mental anguish
  • fright and shock
  • denial of social pleasure and enjoyments
  • embarrassment, humiliation or mortification

Who covers pain and suffering?

Pain and suffering damages are covered by the wrongdoer’s insurance company – also referred to as third-party insurance.

What time limits apply for pain and suffering or non-economic damages?

If the automobile accident in a third-party case took place more than three years ago, the victim can’t sue the at-fault driver or the wrongdoer’s No-Fault insurance company for injuries, no matter how serious. The only exception is for minors.

Michigan Auto Law can help you obtain the No-Fault benefits and pain and suffering (non- economic damages) you need following a serious car, truck or motorcycle accident. We’ve been helping accident victims throughout Michigan for over 50 years and 3 generations. To speak with an insurance attorney, call (800) 777-0028 or fill out our consultation form.

During Covid-19, We’re Still Here For you, Working For You | Read More Here | If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay!