Attorney Steven Gursten speaks at American Association for Justice annual meeting
July 24, 2017
Steve Gursten discussed ‘Maximizing Your Auto Accident Cases’ at convention for personal injury attorneys organization
Michigan Auto Law attorney Steven Gursten spoke on “Maximizing Your Auto Accident Cases” at the American Association for Justice’s 2017 convention in Boston.
Gursten’s July 24 seminar presentation included strategies and tactics that can increase injury settlements and trial verdicts for lawyers’ clients in automobile accident cases.
Some of the issues covered included:
- Non-obvious but debilitating medical injuries that trial lawyers may be missing in their biggest car crash cases
- Compelling evidence to prove long-term economic loss when the client can no longer return to his or her job after a bad injury
- How fatigue can be proven and documented, and how evidence of it can be more persuasive than many other types of evidence
- How new and widely accessible technology like fitness trackers can be used in a case
- How a serious auto accident injury effects the entire family
The AAJ is the nation’s largest association of advocates serving the needs of personal injury victims, with more than 50,000 lawyer members. Gursten is Chair of the AAJ Traumatic Brain Injury Group, and is a Past-President of the AAJ Truck Accident Litigation Group.