Michigan No-Fault Insurance For Motorcycle Accidents
Order of Priority
If a motorcycle rider or passenger is involved in a motorcycle accident and another motor vehicle is involved, he or she is in fact entitled to Michigan No-Fault insurance benefits. But whose insurance will cover the benefits? The order of priority is below:
- Auto insurer of the owner or registrant of the motor vehicle involved
- Auto insurer of driver of motor vehicle involved
- Motorcycle driver’s auto insurer
- Motorcycle owner’s auto insurer
- Michigan Assigned Claims Plan, which is administered by the Michigan Automobile Insurance Placement Facility (MAIPF).
Our Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Michigan Auto Law has been exclusively handling auto negligence cases, including countless motorcycle accident cases, for more than 50 years and three generations. We can help Michigan motorcycle accident victims and their family members better understand motorcycle insurance laws and what happens after someone has been seriously injured or wrongfully killed in a crash. If you have questions or wish to speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer directly, please call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 for a free case evaluation.