Have you been injured? you may have a case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Insurance Coverage

Riding as a passenger in Michigan: Your No-Fault insurance rights

Find out where your No-Fault benefits come from if you or your children are injured in another person’s vehicle

Our auto lawyers are frequently asked what happens when passengers are injured in car accidents, especially by parents who are concerned about their children riding in another person’s car.

Feel free to call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028. We can connect you with an auto lawyer who can answer all of your questions.

Under the Michigan No-Fault Act, an accident victim should first file an application and pursue No-Fault benefits with his own auto insurance company. If the accident victim does not have an auto insurance policy, read the list below to see who would be responsible for No-Fault benefits.

In a situation where are occupants of a car driven by and owned by another person are injured in a Michigan car accident, the auto insurance companies who would cover No-Fault benefits would be as follows:

  • Insurer of a resident relative
  • Insurer of a spouse
  • Insurer of the owner or registrant of the vehicle occupied at the time of the auto accident
  • Insurer of the operator of the vehicle occupied at the time of the crash.
  • Michigan Assigned Claims Plan, which is administered by the Michigan Automobile Insurance Placement Facility (MAIPF)


If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, our lawyers can protect your legal rights and ensure you receive all of the No-Fault benefits you’re entitled. Call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 777-0028 or fill out our consultation form.

Michigan has a new auto No-Fault law. Click Here to learn more.