Have you been injured? you may have a case.

Michigan No-Fault Car Accident Property Damage Claim Explained

How Michigan No-Fault insurance covers a car accident property damage claim

No-Fault insurance is required by law in Michigan for people to drive. The basic No-Fault insurance policy you must purchase has three parts. One of those parts is  property protection.

With property protection, your Michigan No-Fault insurance will pay a car accident property damage claim up to $1 million for damage your vehicle causes in Michigan to other people’s property, such as buildings and fences. It will also pay for damages to another person’s properly parked vehicle.

Property damage protection does not pay for any other damage to cars. For help with your car damage, take a look at our mini tort section. If you have questions about No-Fault and your car accident, take a look our page titled “What Happens In A No-Fault Accident?

Property damage in another state: How does a Michigan driver pay?

As for a Michigan No-Fault car accident property damage claim in another state, the residual liability insurance (bodily injury and property damage) you purchase will cover that. In other words, your required minimum coverage No-Fault policy will pay up to certain amounts if you are found legally responsible. That includes a required minimum of $10,000 for property damage in another state. Keep in mind, the $10,000 is just the minimum required by Michigan law. You can purchase higher policy limits. Our attorneys recommend you have at least $100,000 in out-of-state Property Damage coverage.

For help from one of our car accident attorneys now, call Michigan Auto Law at (800) 968-1001, or you can fill out our car accident lawyer free consultation form. We’re always here to answer your questions, and we can help you with getting your property damage paid. There’s no fee or obligation.