Have you been injured? you may have a case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Uninsured motorist coverage

How much UM and UIM is needed on my auto insurance policy?

Our No-Fault insurance lawyers recommend that you carry at least $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident for both uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) policies. Without UM and UIM, a driver who is injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver would have no source of personal injury recovery — other than filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver for his or her personal assets. Remember, the risk of encountering an uninsured driver in Michigan is fairly high. When an injury results from such an encounter, the consequences of not carrying UM and UIM coverage are severe.


Michigan has a new auto No-Fault law. Click Here to learn more.