Our Jackson car accident lawyers share the list of Jackson County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2022 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2022, nearly a third (29.2%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Jackson County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2022 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car crash data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Jackson County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2022?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County in 2022:
- AIRPORT RD @ I 94, Blackman Township, 34 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W GANSON ST, Jackson, 27 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ BOARDMAN RD, Blackman Township, 27 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- ANDREW AVE @ BOARDMAN RD, Blackman Township, 22 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W NORTH ST, Jackson, 19 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ COUNTY FARM RD, Blackman Township, 18 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- COOPER ST @ E MICHIGAN AVE, Jackson, 18 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- MICHIGAN AVE @ DETTMAN RD, Blackman Township, 17 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ MEIJER DR, Blackman Township, 17 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W MICHIGAN AVE, Jackson, 17 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of Jackson County’s most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2022 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 Most Dangerous Intersections in Jackson County
No. 1: AIRPORT RD @ I 94, Blackman Township
In 2022, total crashes at this interchange where Airport Road goes over I-94 were up nearly 42% from 2020 – from 24 collisions in 2020 to 34 collisions in 2022. In 2019, there were 22 auto accidents.
No.2: WEST AVE @ W GANSON ST, Jackson
Total crashes at this intersection rose to 27 in 2022, up from 23 in 2021 and 22 in 2020.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan intersection accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents. To read blog posts about specific counties and cities click here.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Michigan, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Jackson County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Call now!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Jackson County’s Most Dangerous Intersections call now (855) 781-7747 for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers. There is no cost or obligation. You can also visit our contact page or use the chat feature on our website.
Michigan Auto Law is Michigan’s largest and most successful law firm that specializes exclusively in helping people who have been injured in auto accidents.
Our secret? Our car accident lawyers deliberately handle fewer cases than other personal injury law firms. This allows us to focus more time and attention on our cases.
Unlike other law firms, our auto accident attorneys are never too busy to promptly return phone calls and answer questions.
We have more than 1,900 5-Star Reviews that reflect this care and attention to detail.
More importantly, this client-focused approach leads to better and faster settlements for our clients. Michigan Auto Law has recovered more million-dollar settlements and trial verdicts for motor vehicle accidents than any other lawyer or law firm in Michigan. We’ve also recovered the highest ever reported truck accident and car accident settlement in the state.
Call now so we can start making a real difference for you.