Our Flint car accident lawyers share the list of Genesee County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2022 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2022, nearly a third (29.2%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2022 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car crash data that we use to identify these most dangerous intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2022?
- CORUNNA RD @ S LINDEN RD, Flint Township, 36 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- CORUNNA RD @ I 75, Flint Township, 35 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- HILL RD @ FENTON RD, Grand Blanc Township, 29 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- DAVISON RD @ N DORT HWY, Flint, 27 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
- CESAR CHAVEZ DR @ E COURT ST, Flint, 27 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- ATHERTON RD @ S DORT HWY, Flint, 27 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- CARPENTER RD @ N DORT HWY, Flint, 26 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
- HILL RD @ DORT HWY, Grand Blanc Township, 26 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
- LAPEER RD @ S DORT HWY, Flint, 26 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- DORT HWY @ REID RD, Grand Blanc Township, 25 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2022 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More on #1 of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: CORUNNA RD @ S LINDEN RD, Flint Township
Number 1 on Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections was Corunna Rd at S. Linden Rd in Flint Township. There were 36 total crashes at this intersection in 2022, which is up from 30 collisions in 2021 and 31 collisions in 2020.
Crash-related injuries were up, also. There were 7 in 2022, 6 in 2021 and 1 and 2020.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan intersection accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents. To read blog posts about specific counties and cities click here.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Michigan, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Call now!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections call now (855) 781-7747 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Flint car accident lawyers. There is no cost or obligation. You can also visit our contact page or use the chat feature on our website.
Michigan Auto Law is Michigan’s largest and most successful law firm that specializes exclusively in helping people who have been injured in auto accidents.
Our secret? Our attorneys deliberately handle fewer cases than other personal injury law firms. This allows us to focus more time and attention on our cases.
Unlike other law firms, our attorneys are never too busy to promptly return phone calls and answer questions.
We have more than 1,900 5-Star Reviews that reflect this care and attention to detail.
More importantly, this client-focused approach leads to better and faster settlements for our clients. Michigan Auto Law has recovered more million-dollar settlements and trial verdicts for motor vehicle accidents than any other lawyer or law firm in Michigan. We’ve also recovered the highest ever reported truck accident and car accident settlement in the state.
Call now so we can start making a real difference for you.