Our attorneys share the list of Wayne County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Wayne County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Wayne County in 2021:
- SCHOOLCRAFT RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Redford Township, Total Crashes 104, Injuries 21
- DIX AVE @ M 39, Lincoln Park, Total Crashes 83, Injuries 17
- MIDDLE BELT RD @ SCHOOLCRAFT RD, Livonia, Total Crashes 78, Injuries 16
- FORD RD @ LILLEY RD, Canton Township, Total Crashes 75, Injuries 32
- 6 MILE RD @ I 96/I 275, Livonia, Total Crashes 73, Injuries 19
- FORD RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Dearborn, Total Crashes 69, Injuries 19
- CONNER ST @ GRATIOT AVE, Detroit, Total Crashes 64, Injuries 24
- FORD RD @ N BEECH DALY RD, Dearborn Heights, Total Crashes 61, Injuries 19
- LIVERNOIS AVE @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit, Total Crashes 59, Injuries 37
- TELEGRAPH RD @ VAN BORN RD, Dearborn Heights, Total Crashes 57, Injuries 10
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Wayne County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: SCHOOLCRAFT RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Redford Township
The busy area where Telegraph Road passes over Schoolcraft Road and the I 96 freeway continues to hold the top spot on our list of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections.
However, it does so in spite of the significant decline in total crashes that have occurred at this intersection in recent years.
Although the drop between 2020 and 2021 was relatively slight, going from 108 total crashes in 2020 to 104 in 2021, the number of car accidents at this intersection plummeted 50% from 210 in 2019 to 104 in 2021. Similarly, injuries fell nearly 49% from 41 in 2019 to 21 in 2021.
No. 2: DIX AVE @ M 39, Lincoln Park
Up from #8 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes increase from 58 in 2020 to 83 in 2021.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Wayne County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Wayne County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Detroit car accident lawyers at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.