Our attorneys share the list of Washtenaw County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Washtenaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Washtenaw County in 2021:
- STATE ST @ ELLSWORTH RD, Ann Arbor, Total Crashes 79, Injuries 1
- HOGBACK RD @ WASHTENAW AVE, Pittsfield Township, Total Crashes 50, Injuries 13
- CARPENTER RD @ E ELLSWORTH RD, Pittsfield Township, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 26
- JACKSON RD @ S ZEEB RD, Scio Township, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 14
- CARPENTER RD @ PACKARD ST, Pittsfield Township, Total Crashes 33, Injuries 19
- GOLFSIDE DR @ WASHTENAW AVE, Pittsfield Township, Total Crashes 33, Injuries 11
- CARPENTER RD @ W MICHIGAN AVE, Pittsfield Township, Total Crashes 28, Injuries 12
- HEWITT RD @ WASHTENAW AVE, Ypsilanti, Total Crashes 27, Injuries 1
- ELLSWORTH RD @ PLATT RD, Ann Arbor, Total Crashes 26, Injuries 10
- GROVE ST @ RAWSONVILLE RD, Ypsilanti Township, Total Crashes 26, Injuries 6
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Washtenaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: STATE ST @ ELLSWORTH RD, Ann Arbor
This busy roundabout bordering Ann Arbor and Pittsfield Township again tops the list of Washtenaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections.
Although total crashes increased to 79 in 2021 which was up from 69 in 2020, overall, total crashes in 2021 were down nearly 49% from 154 in 2019.
To see a map of all existing and proposed roundabouts in the state visit the Michigan Roundabout Resource Center.
No. 2: HOGBACK RD @ WASHTENAW AVE, Pittsfield Township
Up from #5 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes increase to 50 in 2021 from 35 in 2020. Additionally, injuries in 2021 were 13, up from 5 in 2020.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Washtenaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Washtenaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Ann Arbor car accident lawyers at (248) 353-7575 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.