Our attorneys share the list of Saginaw County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Saginaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections for Saginaw County in 2021:
- BAY RD @ TITTABAWASSEE RD, Kochville Township, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 7
- CENTER RD @ STATE ST, Saginaw Township, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 13
- MICHIGAN AVE @ STATE ST, Saginaw, Total Crashes 25, Injuries 8
- BAY RD @ SHATTUCK RD, Saginaw Township, Total Crashes 23, Injuries 9
- GRATIOT RD @ S CENTER RD, Saginaw Township, Total Crashes 22, Injuries 11
- BIRCH RUN RD @ DIXIE HWY, Birch Run Township, Total Crashes 21, Injuries 17
- MIDLAND RD @ E TITTABAWASSEE RD, Saginaw Township, Total Crashes 21, Injuries 11
- BAY ST @ DAVENPORT AVE, Saginaw, Total Crashes 20, Injuries 7
- STATE ST @ WIENEKE RD, Saginaw Township, Total Crashes 19, Injuries 10
- FORTUNE BLVD @ TITTABAWASSEE RD, Kochville Township, Total Crashes 19, Injuries 3
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Saginaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: BAY RD @ TITTABAWASSEE RD, Kochville Township
This interchange has held the #1 spot on the list of Saginaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections for seven years in a row.
Ironically, even though it is at the top of the list for having the most car accidents in 2021, the total number of crashes that occurred here in 2021 was lower than both 2020 (51 auto accidents) and 2019 (46 auto accidents).
No. 2: CENTER RD @ STATE ST, Saginaw Township
Again at the #2 spot, this intersection saw a dip in total crashes between 2020 and 2021, from 41 car accidents in 2020 to 35 in 2021.
Significantly, the total number of auto accidents here in 2021 was lower than the 36 that occurred in 2019.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Saginaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Saginaw County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Saginaw car accident lawyers at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.