Our attorneys share the list of Muskegon County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these dangerous intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Muskegon County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Muskegon County in 2021:
- HARVEY ST @ STERNBERG RD, Fruitport Township, Total Crashes 36, Injuries 5
- APPLE AVE @ SHONAT ST, Muskegon Township, Total Crashes 34, Injuries 4
- NORTON AVE @ SEAWAY DR, Norton Shores, Total Crashes 27, Injuries 10
- LAKETON AVE @ SEAWAY DR, Muskegon, Total Crashes 25, Injuries 6
- HENRY ST @ NORTON AVE, Norton Shores, Total Crashes 23, Injuries 5
- APPLE AVE @ MILLIRON RD, Muskegon Township, Total Crashes 22, Injuries 15
- APPLE AVE @ SHERIDAN RD, Muskegon Township, Total Crashes 22, Injuries 9
- APPLE AVE @ GETTY ST, Muskegon, Total Crashes 20, Injuries 8
- GILES RD @ WHITEHALL RD, Laketon Township, Total Crashes 19, Injuries 5
- GETTY ST @ LAKETON AVE, Muskegon, Total Crashes 18, Injuries 4
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Muskegon County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: HARVEY ST @ STERNBERG RD, Fruitport Township
Up from #6 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes increase from 23 in 2020 to 36 in 2021.
No. 2: APPLE AVE @ SHONAT ST, Muskegon Township
Total crashes nearly doubled in 2021 for this intersection that was #9 on the list in 2020. In 2021, the total number of car accidents here was 34, up from 18 in 2020.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Muskegon County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Muskegon County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Muskegon car accident lawyers at (248) 353-7575 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.