Our attorneys share the list of Kalamazoo County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Kalamazoo County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Kalamazoo County:
- DRAKE RD @ W MAIN ST, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 69, Injuries 9
- PARK ST @ W KALAMAZOO AVE, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 56, Injuries 18
- HOWARD ST @ STADIUM DR, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 45, Injuries 3
- DRAKE RD @ W K L AVE, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 43, Injuries 11
- WESTNEDGE AVE @ W KILGORE RD, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 9
- I 94 @ SPRINKLE RD, Comstock Township, Total Crashes 38, Injuries 5
- GULL RD @ S RIVERVIEW DR, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 37, Injuries 2
- CORK ST @ SPRINKLE RD, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 36, Injuries 4
- MICHIKAL ST @ N WESTNEDGE AVE, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 12
- DRAKE RD @ STADIUM DR, Kalamazoo, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 4
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Kalamazoo County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: DRAKE RD @ W MAIN ST, Kalamazoo
Just west of downtown Kalamazoo and Western Michigan University, this is the top spot once again for the most dangerous intersection in Kalamazoo County.
In 2021, total crashes climbed to 69 from 42 crashes in 2020. Total crashes in 2019 were 39.
No. 2: PARK ST @ W KALAMAZOO AVE, Kalamazoo
Up from #4 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes jump from 33 in 2020 to 56 in 2021. Injuries more than doubled, going from 8 to 18.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Kalamazoo County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Kalamazoo County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Kalamazoo car accident lawyers at (248) 353-7575 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.