Our attorneys share the list of Ingham County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list of Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Ingham County in 2021:
- SAGINAW ST @ N HOMER ST, Lansing Township, Total Crashes 85, Injuries 26
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ S HAGADORN RD, East Lansing, Total Crashes 44, Injuries 11
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ N HOWARD ST, Lansing Township, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 8
- JOLLY RD @ S CEDAR ST, Lansing, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 6
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ W HOLMES RD , Lansing, Total Crashes 35, Injuries 6
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ W SAINT JOSEPH ST, Lansing, Total Crashes 31, Injuries 19
- ABBOT RD @ W SAGINAW ST, East Lansing, Total Crashes 30, Injuries 16
- SAGINAW ST @ N CEDAR ST, Lansing, Total Crashes 30, Injuries 16
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ W MAIN ST, Lansing, Total Crashes 30, Injuries 13
- JOLLY RD @ OKEMOS RD, Alaiedon Township, Total Crashes 29, Injuries 9
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: SAGINAW ST @ N HOMER ST, Lansing Township
Up from #3 in 2020, total crashes at this intersection more than doubled from 41 in 2020 to 85 in 2021. Also, injuries more than tripled from 8 in 2020 to 26 in 2021.
No. 2: GRAND RIVER AVE @ S HAGADORN RD, East Lansing
On thise years list of Ingham County’s Most dangerous intersections and rising four spots from #6 in 2020, this intersection saw total crashes increase from 33 in 2020 to 44 in 2021. Similarly, injuries went from 4 in 2020 to 11 in 2021.
Two intersections see fewer crashes than previous years
For MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ W SAINT JOSEPH ST, Lansing, total crashes fell to 31 in 2021 from 45 in 2020 and 39 in 2019. Similarly, injuries fell to 19 in 2021 from 36 in 2020 and 23 in 2019.
For MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ W HOLMES RD , Lansing, total crashes dropped to 35 in 2021 from 44 in 2020 and 39 in 2019.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Lansing car accident lawyers at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.