Our attorneys share the list of Genesee County’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these most dangerous intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County in 2021:
- HILL RD @ FENTON RD, Grand Blanc Township, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 1
- LAPEER RD @ S DORT HWY, Flint, Total Crashes 37, Injuries 16
- LINDEN RD @ W PIERSON RD, Mt. Morris Township, Total Crashes 36, Injuries 11
- CORUNNA RD @ S LINDEN RD, Flint Township, Total Crashes 30, Injuries 6
- COURT ST @ S CENTER RD, Burton, Total Crashes 29, Injuries 12
- DORT HWY @ ROBERT T LONGWAY BLVD, Flint, Total Crashes 27, Injuries 17
- CORUNNA RD @ S BALLENGER HWY, Flint, Total Crashes 25, Injuries 8
- OWEN RD @ SILVER PKWY, Fenton, Total Crashes 25, Injuries 3
- LENNON RD @ S LINDEN RD, Flint Township, Total Crashes 24, Injuries 10
- LAPEER RD @ S STATE RD, Davison Township, Total Crashes 24, Injuries 9
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More on #1 of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: HILL RD @ FENTON RD, Grand Blanc Township
Although total crashes increased from 27 in 2020 to 40 in 2021, injuries dropped from 10 to 1 during the same time period.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Flint car accident lawyers at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.