Our attorneys share the list of Detroit’s Top 10 most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2021 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2021, more than a third (31.3%) of all fatal motor vehicle accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections.
Our list reflects the latest car accident data available from 2021 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify these intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What were Detroit’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2021?
Here are the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Detroit:
- CONNER ST @ GRATIOT AVE, Detroit, Total Crashes 64, Injuries 24
- LIVERNOIS AVE @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit, Total Crashes 59, Injuries 37
- CONANT ST @ E DAVISON ST, Detroit, Total Crashes 51, Injuries 10
- GREENFIELD RD @ 7 MILE RD, Detroit, Total Crashes 42, Injuries 18
- LINWOOD ST @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit, Total Crashes 42, Injuries 18
- I 94 @ MOROSS RD, Detroit, Total Crashes 41, Injuries 26
- 8 MILE RD @ GROESBECK HWY, Detroit, Total Crashes 41, Injuries 19
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ TELEGRAPH RD, Detroit, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 15
- DEXTER AVE @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit, Total Crashes 40, Injuries 8
- 7 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE, Detroit, Total Crashes 39, Injuries 21
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (NOTE: The list of most dangerous intersections is the latest data available from 2021 for total crashes at intersections in Michigan. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 200 feet of an intersection including near freeways (and their subsequent on-ramps off-ramps and service streets), divided highways and rural roads.)
More Information On Detroit’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 2: LIVERNOIS AVE @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit
Up from #6 in 2020, this Detroit intersection saw total crashes increase to 59 from 56 in 2020. Injuries also increased from 27 in 2020 to 37 in 2021.
No. 5: LINWOOD ST @ W DAVISON ST, Detroit
Although this intersection moved up on Detroit’s most dangerous intersection list from #9 in 2020, it saw total crashes decrease to 42 from 48 in 2020. Unfortunately, injuries increased from 14 in 2020 to 18 in 2021.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident, contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Injured in a car accident at one of Detroit’s Most Dangerous Intersections? Contact a Michigan Auto Law attorney first a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident at one of Detroit’s Most Dangerous Intersections and you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to one of our experienced Detroit car accident lawyers at (248) 353-7575 for a free consultation. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or chat feature on our website.