Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 of Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2020 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2019, 31% of all fatal traffic accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections. (Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, “2019 Quick Facts”)
With a majority of the workforce working remotely due to COVID-19 and, thus, not commuting to and from work for much of the year, overall crashes in 2020 in Michigan were down 21.9% from 2019 and the lowest level since at least 2010, according to preliminary data from the Michigan State Police Criminal Justice Information Center.
Our list of Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2020 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2020?
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ SAINT JOSEPH ST, Lansing, 45 Total Crashes, 36 Injuries
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ HOLMES RD, Lansing, 44 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
- SAGINAW ST @ HOMER ST, Lansing Twp, 41 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ MAIN ST, Lansing, 40 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ CLIPPERT ST, Lansing, 34 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ HAGADORN RD, East Lansing, 33 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- MOUNT HOPE AVE @ CEDAR ST, Lansing, 29 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- JOLLY RD @ CEDAR ST, Lansing, 27 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- MARY AVE @ MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD, Lansing, 24 Total Crashes, 17 Injuries
- SAGINAW ST @ CLIPPERT ST, Lansing, 24 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (Note: “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 250 feet of an interchange, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Ingham County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Saint Joseph Street, Lansing
Our personal injury lawyers urge drivers to use caution in this area with merging freeway traffic through the on and off ramps.
No. 2: Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Holmes Road, Lansing
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Need help after a car accident? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you have been injured in a car accident at one of Ingham County’s most dangerous intersections – or anywhere else in the area – you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (866) 886-9668 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Lansing car accident lawyers. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or you can use the chat feature on our website.