Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 of Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections based on Michigan State Police car accident reports for 2020 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
In 2019, 31% of all fatal traffic accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections. (Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, “2019 Quick Facts”)
With a majority of the workforce working remotely due to COVID-19 and, thus, not commuting to and from work for much of the year, overall crashes in 2020 in Michigan were down 21.9% from 2019 and the lowest level since at least 2010, according to preliminary data from the Michigan State Police Criminal Justice Information Center.
Our list of Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections reflects the latest car accident data available from 2020 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us by providing the car accident data that we use to identify Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections. The underlying traffic accident data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
What Were Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2020?
- CORUNNA RD @ I 75, Flint Twp, 35 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
- BRISTOL RD @ GRAND TRAVERSE ST, Burton, 33 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- LAPEER RD @ STATE RD, Davison Twp, 31 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- COURT ST @ CENTER RD, Burton, 31 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- CORUNNA RD @ LINDEN RD, Flint Twp, 31 Total Crashes, 1 Injuries
- COURT ST @ DORT HWY, Flint, 27 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
- HILL RD @ FENTON RD, Grand Blanc Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
- LINDEN RD @ PIERSON RD, Mt Morris Twp, 26 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- CORUNNA RD @ BALLENGER HWY, Flint, 25 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- COURT ST @ IRISH RD, Davison Twp, 23 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (Note: “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The crash data encompasses and includes any traffic accident reported that occurred within 250 feet of an interchange, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways.)
More Information On The Top 2 of Genesee County’s Most Dangerous Intersections
No. 1: Corunna Road and I 75, Flint Twp
This area with on and off ramps to heavily traveled I 75 has shown up annually on the top ten list of the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint. There was a decrease in crashes though as the intersection went from 51 total crashes in 2019 to 35 auto accidents in 2020. After seeing a significant increase in reported injuries in 2019, a decrease in 2020 is a hopeful sign that drivers are using more caution when entering and exiting I 75.
No. 2: Bristol Road and Grand Traverse Street, Burton
Jumping up several spots in the top ten list with the second highest number of intersection crashes in Genesee County is a busy area in Burton where traffic enters and exits I 475. While the number of crashes and injuries held steady from 2019 to 2020, this intersection moved up on the list due to so many other local intersections seeing declines in crashes due to the pandemic.
Our personal injury lawyers urge drivers to use caution in these areas as traffic volumes increase throughout 2021.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of the top twenty intersections in the state for auto accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Need help after a car accident? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you have been injured in a car accident at one of Genesee County’s most dangerous intersections – or anywhere else in the area – you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (866) 886-9668 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Flint car accident lawyers. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by visiting our contact page or you can use the chat feature on our website.