Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Monroe County based on Michigan State Police car accident data for 2019 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Interchanges are dangerous. In 2018, 28.2% of all fatal car crashes in Michigan occurred at intersections. (Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, “2018 Quick Facts”)
But these Monroe County interchanges are even more dangerous.
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County reflects the latest car accident data available from 2019 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us to provide the car accident crash data that we use to identify the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County. The underlying car accident crash data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Monroe County in 2019
- TELEGRAPH RD @ STEWART RD, Frenchtown Twp, 35 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
- SECOR RD @ STERNS RD, Bedford Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH RD @ CUSTER RD, Monroe, 25 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- MALL RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Frenchtown Twp, 22 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- TELEGRAPH RD @ DUNBAR RD, Monroe Twp, 19 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- ELM AVE @ N MONROE ST, Monroe, 18 Total Crashes, 1 Injuries
- COLE RD @ N MONROE ST, Frenchtown Twp, 17 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- FRONT ST @ S MONROE ST, Monroe, 17 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- SECOR RD @ SMITH RD, Bedford Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- DIXIE HWY @ I 75, Frenchtown Twp, 15 Total Crashes, 1 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (Note: “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The numbers include any reported car accident that occurred within 250 feet of an interchange, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways.)
No. 1: Telegraph and Stewart Roads, Frenchtown Township
Retaining the top spot for the third year in a row is this busy area that remained at the same level as 2018, with 35 total car accidents in 2019. This is good news considering in 2017 the intersection had a much higher amount with 58 total car crashes. While it remains in the No. 1 position on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County, a leveling off of car accidents is promising for local drivers.
No. 2: Secor Road and Sterns Road, Bedford Township
Taking over the No. 2 spot on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Monroe County this year is another busy corner just south of Lambertville. This area did see a modest decrease in car crashes from 32 in 2018 to 27 in 2019. Reported injuries decreased as well.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, interchanges with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high car crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of interchange car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Need help after a car accident? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you have been injured in a car accident in Michigan – at an intersection or anywhere – you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by emailing [email protected] or you can use the chat feature on our website.