Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Jackson County based on Michigan State Police car accident report data for 2019 so local drivers can use extra caution when they’re traveling through these areas.
This annual list of most dangerous intersections in Jackson County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Interchanges are dangerous. In 2018, 28.2% of all fatal car accidents in Michigan occurred at intersections. (Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, “2018 Quick Facts”)
But these Jackson County interchanges are even more dangerous.
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County reflects the latest car accident report data available from 2019 on the top 10 interchanges with the highest number of reported traffic accidents. Our attorneys would like to thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit for helping us to provide the car accident report data that we use to identify the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County. The underlying car accident report data analysis is compiled using motor vehicle accident reports filed by local law enforcement and police departments throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Jackson County in 2019
- ANDREW AVE/BOARDMAN RD @ N WEST AVE, Blackman Twp, 36 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W ARGYLE ST, Jackson, 26 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ I 94, Blackman Twp, 22 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W MONROE ST, Jackson, 20 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ COUNTY FARM RD, Blackman Twp, 20 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W GANSON ST, Jackson, 20 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ W NORTH ST, Jackson, 19 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- BROWN ST @ W MICHIGAN AVE, Jackson, 19 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- AIRPORT RD @ BOARDMAN RD, Blackman Twp, 19 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- JACKSON ST @ W LOUIS GLICK HWY, Jackson, 18 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit (Note: “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout. The numbers include any traffic accident reported that occurred within 250 feet of an interchange, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways.)
More Information Top 2 Most Dangerous Intersections in Jackson County
No. 1: Andrew Ave/Boardman Road and West Ave, Blackman Township
This interchange took the top spot two years ago in Jackson County but after seeing a reduction in car crashes between 2017 and 2018, the number has gone back up with 36 traffic accidents in 2019 compared to 27 in 2018. A major retail presence and pass through to get to downtown Jackson contributes to heavy traffic volumes.
No. 2: West Avenue and Argyle Street, Jackson
A surprising newcomer to the top ten list for Jackson County, this interchange saw an increase from 14 total traffic accidents in 2018 to 26 in 2019. Another busy area with retail areas where local drivers should use caution.
Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan traffic accidents, interchanges with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high traffic accident lists.
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car accidents that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan traffic accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.
Need help after a traffic accident? Call Michigan Auto Law first
If you have been injured in a car accident in Michigan – at an intersection or anywhere – you can call toll free anytime 24/7 at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. You can also get help from an experienced auto accident attorney by emailing [email protected] or you can use the chat feature on our website.