Our attorneys share the list of the top 10 of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections based on 2018 car accident data so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas.
This annual list of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Intersections are dangerous. But these Wayne County intersections are even more dangerous.
Over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections, according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (“2017 Quick Facts”).
Our list of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections is the latest car accident data available from 2018 on the top 10 intersections with the highest number of reported car accidents. Our attorneys would like to sincerely thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, which compiled the raw data from thousands of motor vehicle accident reports submitted by local police and law enforcement throughout Michigan.
Top 10 List of Wayne County’s Most Dangerous Intersections in 2018
- SCHOOLCRAFT ROAD @ TELEGRAPH ROAD, Redford Township, 125 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
- JOY ROAD @ M 39, Detroit, 99 Total Crashes, 26 Injuries
- FORD ROAD @ LILLEY ROAD, Canton Township, 91 Total Crashes, 25 Injuries
- 8 MILE ROAD @ WOODWARD AVE, Detroit, 87 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
- 8 MILE ROAD @ I 75, Detroit, 86 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
- FORD ROAD @ HAGGERTY ROAD, Canton Township, 80 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
- DIX AVE @ M 39, Lincoln Park, 80 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- EUREKA ROAD @ TELEGRAPH ROAD, Taylor, 78 Total Crashes, 26 Injuries
- MICHIGAN AVE @ M 39, Dearborn, 77 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- MIDDLEBELT ROAD @ SCHOOLCRAFT ROAD, Livonia, 75 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury crashes and fatal crashes) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: Schoolcraft and Telegraph Roads, Redford Township
Remaining in the No. 1 spot on the list of the top 10 of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections for the third straight year, this busy area saw a disturbing trend in 2018 rising to 125 car crashes compared to 112 in 2017. Injuries remained steady with 16 in 2018. With the on/off ramps to I-96, as well as Telegraph’s multi-lane, high speed roads, car accidents are likely to occur at this intersection.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Joy Road and M 39 (Southfield Freeway)
Moving up to the No. 2 spot on the list of the top 10 of Wayne County’s most dangerous intersections this year is the busy interchange on the west side of the Detroit. This intersection had a significant increase in car accidents from 72 in 2017 to 99 in 2018. Use caution in this area as the number of injuries remains high with 26 in the past year.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.