Our attorneys share the 10 most dangerous intersections in Saginaw County based on 2018 car accident data so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Saginaw County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Intersections are dangerous. But these Saginaw County intersections are even more dangerous.
Over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections, according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (“2017 Quick Facts”).
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Saginaw County is the latest crash data available from 2018 on the top 10 intersections with the highest number of reported car accidents. Our attorneys would like to sincerely thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, which compiled the raw data from thousands of car accident reports submitted by local police and law enforcement throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Saginaw County in 2018
- BAY ROAD @ TITTABAWASSEE ROAD, Kochville Twp, 47 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- CENTER ROAD @ STATE ST, Saginaw Twp, 33 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- STATE ST @ WIENEKE ROAD, Saginaw Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- BIRCH RUN ROAD @ I 75, Birch Run, 25 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
- MIDLAND ROAD @ TITTABAWASSEE ROAD, Saginaw Twp, 25 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- BIRCH RUN ROAD @ DIXIE HWY, Birch Run Twp, 24 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- HEMMETER ROAD @ STATE ST, Saginaw Twp, 23 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- MICHIGAN AVE @ STATE ST, Saginaw, 23 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- BAY ROAD @ SCHUST ROAD, Saginaw Twp, 22 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- FORTUNE BLVD @ TITTABAWASSEE ROAD, Kochville Twp, 21 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury car crashes and fatal car crashes) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: Bay Road and Tittabawassee Road, Kochville Township
Local drivers should be accustomed to seeing this corner on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Saginaw County as it has held the No. 1 spot for the past four years in a row. Fortunately, the levels are decreasing as the corner had 47 car accidents in 2018 vs 58 in 2017. Additionally, this past year saw only 2 injuries at this corner west of I 75 with busy retail traffic.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Center Road and State Street, Saginaw Township
Remaining at the No. 2 spot on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Saginaw County from last year is an area west of downtown Saginaw with heavy retail traffic. While total car accidents decreased from 41 in 2017 to 33 in 2018, the number of injuries doubled. Use caution in this area.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county. If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.