Our attorneys share the 10 most dangerous intersections in Jackson County based on 2018 car accident data so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County is provided by our attorneys to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Intersections are dangerous. But these Jackson County intersections are even more dangerous.
Over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections, according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (“2017 Quick Facts”).
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County is the latest car accident data available from 2018 on the top 10 intersections with the highest number of reported car crashes. Our attorneys would like to sincerely thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, which compiled the raw data from thousands of motor vehicle accident reports submitted by local police and law enforcement throughout Michigan.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Jackson County in 2018
- AIRPORT ROAD @ BOARDMAN ROAD, Blackman Twp, 30 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- ANDREW AVE/BOARDMAN ROAD @ N WEST AVE, Blackman Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ NORTH ST, Jackson, 27 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ GANSON ST, Jackson, 24 Total Crashes, 7 Injuries
- WEST AVE @ MICHIGAN AVE, Jackson, 21 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- I 94 @ COOPER ST, Blackman Twp, 21 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- AIRPORT ROAD @ COUNTY FARM ROAD, Blackman Twp, 19 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- AIRPORT ROAD @ MEIJER DR, Blackman Twp, 18 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- BROWN ST @ MICHIGAN AVE, Jackson, 17 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- MICHIGAN AVE @ DETTMAN ROAD, Blackman Twp, 16 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury car accidents and fatal car accidents) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: Airport and Boardman Roads, Blackman Township
This corner just south of I 94 gets the top spot on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County for car crashes in 2018. These types of intersections next to major freeway interchanges consistently show up in the top lists of high crash intersections every year.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Andrew Ave/Boardman Road and N West Ave, Blackman Township
This intersection took the top spot last year on the list of the most dangerous intersections in Jackson County but saw a vast reduction in car crashes between 2017 and 2018, going from 42 car crashes to 27. A major retail presence and pass through to get to downtown Jackson contributes to heavy traffic volumes.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county. If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.