Our attorneys share the 10 most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint based on 2018 car accident data so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas.
This annual list of the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint is provided by our Flint car accident lawyers to help keep Michigan drivers safe.
Intersections are dangerous. But these Genesee County intersections are even more dangerous.
Over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections, according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (“2017 Quick Facts”).
Our list of the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint is the latest crash data available from 2018 on the top 10 intersections with the highest number of reported car accidents. Our attorneys would like to sincerely thank the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, which compiled the raw data from thousands of motor vehicle accident reports submitted by local police and law enforcement throughout Michigan.
The Top 10 Dangerous Intersections in Genesee County and Flint – 2018
- CESAR CHAVEZ DR @ ROBERT T LONGWAY BLVD, Flint, 49 Total Crashes, 28 Injuries
- CORUNNA ROAD @ I 75, Flint Twp, 41 Total Crashes, 3 Injuries
- MILLER ROAD @ I 75, Flint Twp, 41 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- LAPEER ROAD @ STATE ROAD, Davison Twp, 37 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- BRISTOL ROAD @ GRAND TRAVERSE ST, Burton, 36 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- CORUNNA ROAD @ BALLENGER HWY, Flint, 33 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- CORUNNA ROAD @ LINDEN ROAD, Flint Twp, 32 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- LINDEN ROAD @ PIERSON ROAD, Mt Morris Twp, 30 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- HILL ROAD @ FENTON ROAD, Grand Blanc Twp, 29 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
- DORT HWY @ GRAND BLANC ROAD, Grand Blanc Twp, 27 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury car accidents and fatal car accidents) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
No. 1 Dangerous Intersection: Cesar Chavez Drive and Robert T. Longway Blvd, Flint
This busy area just east of I 475 was top on the list for the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint and saw an increase in car accidents with 49 in 2018 compared to 41 in 2017. But more concerning is the significant rise in injuries going from 12 in 2017 to 28 in 2018 – a more than 130% increase in just one year. Use caution in this area with exiting freeway traffic.
No. 2 Dangerous Intersection: Corunna Road and I 75, Flint Twp
Another area near an interchange moved up the top ten list of the most dangerous intersections in Genesee County and Flint as well in 2018 with 40 car crashes compared to 33 in 2017. With Corunna showing up on three of the top ten spots on this list, use caution along this busy road.
Dangerous Intersection Data for other Michigan cities and counties
As we see from years of data analysis on Michigan car accidents, intersections with heavy traffic near freeways or retail businesses continually show up on these high crash lists.
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Michigan car accident contact us to learn about your legal rights. We also have six free books covering everything from Car Insurance to Repairing Car Damage. Visit this page to get your free book now.